CHAPTER-44"THE CONFESSION"

Despite Raman's polite behavior, Ciashi's fear towards him hadn't diminished. She was still as afraid as she was before their marriage. After getting lost in her thoughts for some time, Raman places his palm in front of Ciashi.

"Mrs. Raman, may I?" he asks. At first, Ciashi doesn't understand what Raman is saying and looks at him with confusion. Then her gaze shifts to Raman's hand placed in front of her. After a few seconds of contemplation, she nervously places her hand in Raman's, still doubting if Raman is asking for her hand.

Raman looks at Ciashi's hand in his as if he has conquered the world. He has never been so happy, not even when he held the Business of the Year award, a dream he had been waiting for more than 15 years.

Gently, Raman encircles Ciashi's hand with his fingers and provides support for her to step down from the bed. Ciashi is still confused, but due to her fear of Raman, she refrains from asking any questions and walks along with him.

With a bit of excitement in his tone, Raman says, "Let me show you something," and guides her to the entrance of the washroom. They enter a beautiful space with a large walk-in wardrobe, a big mirror, and a connection to the washroom. The LED lights illuminate the area as she steps into the spacious wardrobe, organized with racks for outfits, accessories, and a lower section for footwear.

Raman points towards the outfits, "These are the things you shopped for yourself, and many more like them. Here are yours, and here are mine," he says proudly, admiring her with a glowing smile.

"If you didn't like it, then you can change it whenever you want," he adds.

Ciashi recognizes some dresses and jewelry, realizing that these are the ones she had shopped for with Lakshay. Ciashi was feeling strange that Raman had thought so much for her in such a short time and organized all this, just like a girl's requirements.

"Am!... Ciashi, you are my family now, and I take care of everything about my family," Raman says as he gently places a ring on Ciashi's finger, the same engagement ring that she recognizes. Ciashi understands how the engagement ring fell from her finger and reached Raman.

Ciashi was searching for anger in Raman's eyes, suspecting that he might be upset because she had dropped the engagement ring on first day of her wedding. However, on Raman's face, there was no trace of displeasure or anger.

Ciashi tried to avoid Raman's gaze as he moved her hand toward his mouth after finish placing the ring on her finger. With raised eyebrows, Raman looked directly into Ciashi's eyes and said, "I can do anything for my family, even... I will not let that person breathe who attempts to harm my family if it's required." Raman's eyes conveyed the gravity of his words, as if he meant every word he said.

Listening to Raman's words, Ciashi trembled in terror, her eyes wide open and filled with wetness. All the old memories flashed before her eyes. Ciashi couldn't believe that someone could talk so casually and proudly about stopping someone's breath.

As Ciashi trembled, her palm slipped from Raman's hand before he could even touch it with his lips. She turned away from Raman, holding back her tears. Raman, interpreting Ciashi's behavior as blushing or hesitating in nervousness, gave a gentle smile.

Politely calling Ciashi from behind, Raman asked, "Ciashi... do I at least have permission to look into your beautiful brown eyes?" Leaning a bit towards her and placing his hand on his back.

Ciashi, with a breaking and dull voice, confessed, "I am scared of you, and I always have been... whenever you come close to me... since I saw you the first time in the library." Warm tears rolled down her red cheeks.

The smile slowly vanished from Raman's face as he listened to Ciashi. She continued sobbing, "I never wanted to accept the marriage proposal or... wanted to marry you. It was just, I... I agreed to marry you just because of my Mamaji and Mamiji's happiness... that's all." She sobbed while sniffing.

Raman's smile vanished as he listened to Ciashi's words, realizing that the person he loved so deeply was scared of him. This revelation shattered Raman, as Ciashi's words scattered his happiness in an instant. He struggled to believe that the one he loved felt fear in his presence.

POV by Raman

I am feeling weakness in my muscles, trembling in the limbs, with spots flashing in my vision. My senses at this time stopped, feeling sudden pain and tightness in my chest. I am unable to stabilize my stare. What! What is she saying? Am I the one whom she is scared of? But... But I am the one who loves her the most in this whole world. Her words are striking me like thunderstorm. Why? Why is this happening to me?

And she was never ready to marry me; it was just for her family's happiness and nothing for me. He looked at Ciashi with red eyes, clenching his fist. "What are you saying? I already asked you before if there is any pressure on you... but you said it's your choice to marry me."

Her throat dried in a tremble, "Yes, I said it, but..." She sobs,

"Why did you lie to me and give such a big shock?" Anger echoed in the whole room.

She squeezes her wet eyes shut as her body tremors with the thought of facing Raman's anger. "I... I am sorry."

"What should I do with your sorry?" He gritted his teeth while turning her face towards him, grabbing Ciashi's shaking shoulder in his tight clinches.

Raman's anger stops for a couple of seconds as she looked with her tearing eyes directly into Raman's before shifting her gaze. He loosens his grip from Ciashi's shoulder as he notices his behavior towards her.

He wants to hate Ciashi for this, but he can't. He can't do that to Ciashi, as her innocence weakens Raman to express his anger. But Raman's anger and being betrayed by someone he loves the most are eating him from inside.

Raman is holding his warm tears inside his red eyes, feeling tightness in his jaws. He takes his steps back from Ciashi, bursting with anger. Panicking, anxiety, and stress hit him harder, losing his senses and control of his mind. He didn't know what to say or do as he cursed himself.

"You never liked me, right?" He asked while shaking his head. Tears continuously rolling down through flushed cheeks from Ciashi's eyes as she avoids maintaining eye contact with Raman.

All the glass pieces in the walking wardrobe shatter as he forcefully strikes his fist against the large mirror.