CHAPTER-30"The proposal"

"Did you really throw that letter in the dustbin, Ciashi?" Sonakshi asks Ciashi amidst the noise of many students at the college gate.

"Not yet, Sonakshi," Ciashi tilts her head slightly toward sonakshi and, walking out of the college gate she continues speaking.

"Alright, Ciashi, take care, and whatever happens, call me." Saying this, Ciashi and Sonakshi sit on the scooty and ride away from there.

Ciashi recalls the library incident, and on top of that, the slightly weird behavior of everyone in college today adds visible stress to Ciashi's face.
Ciashi also fears that this matter might not reach home. Otherwise, dealing with Mamiji's anger again was not something Ciashi wanted.

The pain Mamiji given was still fresh in Ciashi's memory, and now, another trouble had come her way.

********************************

Ciashi stands in front of the mirror in her room, turning to look at the reflection of her back by lowering the sleeve slightly.

Ciashi could clearly see the evidence of that painful and dreadful night in the reflection of the mirror. The frustration caused by the burning mark of that painful scar is evident on Ciashi's face. The reddish-blue spoon-sized mark on Ciashi's fair body is prominently visible.

She lifts the dressing placed on the wound, attempting to apply medicine to the wound herself. Sometimes, the medicine is applied correctly, and sometimes not, but whatever is applied, she manages with it.

Poor Ciashi cannot seek help from Mamiji or anyone else because she doesn't want to make a spectacle of herself.

Even Sonakshi, who is her empathetic confidante, is kept in the dark about it, and Ciashi avoids going to the doctor.

Ciashi, who once took a street dog to the hospital when it was injured, doesn't see the need for any doctor's recommendation for her own wound. Due to the lack of proper medical care, the wound appears very fresh, with blood oozing from it.

As Ciashi managed to apply the medicine, she heard the sound of cars below and, driven by curiosity, reached the window.

****************************

In the office, Raman is immersed in restlessness, constantly checking his phone's message box and glancing at his watch.

Two or three employees approached him, said something, and left, leaving Raman unaware of the reason. At the moment, he wasn't interested in finding out.

Raman's behavior is strange, and the office employees are feeling the impact.

It's 3 pm on Raman's watch, and each passing minute feels like an eternity for him. He has checked his phone at least ten times in the last five minutes.

This level of anxiety is unprecedented for Raman, not even during his board exams. As time goes by, Raman's nervousness increases, and the hope of receiving a reply diminishes.

By now, Raman has declined anyone from entering his cabin, and he has canceled his meetings.

Whether a message comes in front of him or not, Raman is in a state of agitation. He doesn't even remember what he ate for lunch or when he last drank water.

He is completely absorbed in thoughts of Ciashi, having forgotten even his own resolutions.

**********************

Meanwhile, Ciashi rushes out of her room towards the stairs and, as she looks out of the window, notices Mamaji standing at the gate, observing a person getting out of the car. The person has white hair and wrinkles, holding a golden-colored stick.

Such business tycoons often make headlines in the news, and who could forget the diamond merchant from Kanpur? In an instant, Mamaji recognizes Mr. Suryawanshi.

Mamaji believes in what he sees with his own eyes, that such a prominent personality could come to their home. Mamaji is not at fault; after all, no middle-class person can believe in such a thing.

"Come, come, sir. It's our good fortune that you came here yourself," Mamaji says with respect, leading Raman's grandfather inside with great courtesy.

As Ciashi descends the stairs, she sees an elderly man sitting on the sofa, while Mamiji offers him a glass of water. Ciashi realizes that the person sitting in front is someone wealthy and popular.

"Mamaji, how did you come here? You should have called me; I would have come to your house," Mamaji politely says.

Mr. Suryawanshi responds, "The situation was such that it was completed only by me coming here myself," looking at Mamaji.

In confusion, Mamaji says, "I don't understand, sir."

Mr. Suryawanshi, looking at Ciashi, places the glass of water down and asks, "Is this Ciashi?"

Mamaji responds, "Yes, this is my niece Ciashi." Mamaji feels strange, wondering how Mr. Suryawanshi knows Ciashi. "Ciashi, baita, say namaste to him," addressing Ciashi.

With a plastered smile on her face, Ciashi bows and greets Mr. Suryawanshi. Dadaji had found Ciashi's name and address from her college, using which he reached their house.

Raman was unaware of the events unfolding at Ciashi's home. Excited, Dadaji had come straight to meet Ciashi, wanting to surprise Raman.

Dadaji says, "Indeed, your niece is like a diamond, appearing as the true goddess Luxmi. My grandson is undoubtedly a jeweler, and he couldn't resist a gem like Ciashi." Dadaji is impressed at first sight with Ciashi.

But along with Ciashi's presence, Mamaji and Mamiji are also stunned, and their eyes widen. Ciashi understands that these are Raman's grandparent.

However, she wonders how Raman's grandparent can visit their home when she had rejected Raman's proposal.

Ciashi is worried about how Mamaji and Mamiji will react upon hearing this news, even though she didn't want this matter to reach home. Mamaji and Mamiji look at Ciashi with a mix of confusion and surprise.

Dadaji then says, "Ciashi, because of Raman, whatever trouble you faced in college, I have come here to seek your hand for my grandson. It is my heartfelt desire that you say yes to this relationship for my grandson." Dadaji says this standing with great respect, and seriousness fills the entire house.

In shock,"What does this mean? I don't understand, Mr. Suryawanshi." Says mamaji.

Dadaji, with a big smile,"It means that I want you to call me not Mr. Suryavanshi but Sambhdiji." Hearing this, Mamaji and Mamiji look at each other with wide eyes. The conversations that Mamaji and Mamiji were digesting were about the fact that such a noble and large family relationship had come to their home on its own.
*
*
*
*
*
What about todays chapter hmm???
Ciashi's life is going to change soon after so may pain and abuse.
Stay tuned everyone to move into the purest love of Kanpur.
I bet that Raman will going to win your hearts.