CHAPTER-18"Brotherly Bond"

"Okay, let me fill you in, big brother," Lakshya began, his voice tinged with hesitation.

"My friends and I are planning a trip, and I know you're going to say I just went last month, but please, hear me out."

Raman, ever the picture of calm, inquired, "How much do you need?"

Lakshya, struggling to get the words out, replied, "Not too much, just 2 lakhs, and I'll be back in a mere five days. Please, manage things at home during my absence."

Raman's face lit up with a gentle smile as he said, "Alright, I'll initiate an online transfer."

Lakshya couldn't contain his happiness and exclaimed, "You're the best, Bhai!" With these words, he embraced Raman warmly.

But just as their elation peaked, a voice from outside the room disrupted their moment.
"Oh, no,"
Lakshya muttered as he and Raman turned to see Buadadi entering, her expression filled with anger.

"Goodness," Lakshya breathed.

Buadadi's stern gaze fell upon Lakshya, and she chided, "What's all this, Lakshya? How many times have I told you to break free from those unruly friends of yours? You're headed down a dangerous path with them, I fear.

Who are these friends, and why do they act like wild animals? There's that one whose name sounds like something you'd call a dog, and have you seen his hair? It's a rainbow of colors!"

Lakshya, clearly annoyed, replied, "Buadadi, his name is Rocky."
But Buadadi was unyielding, "His name doesn't matter.

And as for that Englishman, he calls me 'Uadhadi' instead of Buadadi. Can't you make decent friends? All of Kanpur's wonders, and you choose these jokers."

Annoyed, Lakshya asked, "Why are you always on my case about my friends?"

Buadadi retorted, "A good slap might remind you why I'm so concerned about your choice of friends.

Ever since you started hanging out with them, you've been nothing but trouble. All they do is party all day."

Seeking to ease the situation, Raman interjected, "Please, Buadadi, let's all calm down. After all, he's still just a child."

Buadadi, now even more furious, lashed out,

"You stay quiet, Raman. It's your influence that's led him astray. You think you can tell me he's just a child? I've been taking care of you since the days when you couldn't even control his bladder.
Who are you to lecture me on how to raise him?"

Lakshya couldn't help but chuckle in amusement as Buadadi continued to scold Raman.

Buadadi, while admonishing Lakshya, teased him, "Why are you grinning? I've known you since the days when you used to romp around in the buff."

Raman, with a gentle smile, interjected, "Let's all calm down, shall we? I promise, I'll raise him just the way you want."

Buadadi's anger finally subsided, and she made her way out of the room.
Buadadi's anger abated, and she admitted,

"I came to invite you for dinner because, as I've been told, you don't come when the servants call."

But her wrath soon shifted to another target: a pizza box on the table. "This unnecessary food is likely Lakshya's doing.
He orders it for himself and even convinces you to partake."

With one last look at the pizza box, she turned first to Lakshya and then to Raman before leaving the room. As she departed,

As Buadadi made her exit, a "ting" sounded on Lakshya's phone. His face radiated delight, his eyes gleamed with anticipation. Without hesitation, he embraced Raman, effusing with gratitude.