Chapter-2 "Raman's past with Aashi"

At "Suryawanshi-Diamonds Eternal Shine"

The sound of a door swinging open followed by hurried footsteps marked Raman's entrance into the office. With a nod to his colleagues who wished him a good morning, he swiftly instructed his personal assistant,

"I need new designs on my desk in two minutes."

His assistant acknowledged the request and hurried off, while the office itself exuded opulence with its grand, diomond-themed decor.
Situated on the top floor, Raman's cabin overlooked the entire expanse of the office, where the heads of all 50 branches across India worked diligently.

The air was steeped in discipline, and it was clear that Raman commanded immense respect from his team members.
As another assistant approached, she informed him,

"Sir, ma'am has arrived. She's waiting for you in the cabin."

Raman's brows furrowed in confusion as he questioned,

"Ma'am...?"

Turning the knob to his cabin, Raman found a young woman seated with her back to the door. Politely, he inquired,

"Excuse me."

The girl rose gracefully, placing a photo frame of Raman on the desk. As she turned, their eyes locked - recognition sparking between them. She was a vision, her wavy hair cascading, dressed elegantly in a black off-shoulder jumpsuit that perfectly complemented her black heels and delicate thread bracelet.
Tears glistened in her eyes as she looked at Raman. For a moment, they stood in a wordless exchange, memories and emotions swirling in the silence that enveloped the room. Finally, Raman broke the silence with a warm smile,

"Aashi..."

Interrupting, Aashi gestured towards Raman's photo frame,

"You haven't replaced this yet."

Raman's smile grew as he gazed at the photo, reminiscing,

"How could I, Aashi? This frame holds so much of the love you've given me."

Aashi's interruption was gentle, her fingers gliding softly across the desk as her gaze wandered around the cabin's interior.

"It's been a year since I was last here, and everything remains just as I designed it."

Raman's expression turned serious as he posed the question,

"How are you, Aashi?"

His eyes locked onto hers, unwavering.
Tears welled up in her eyes, and she replied, her gaze steady and brimming with a mix of emotions and love,

"Exactly the same as I was this time last year."

Raman's voice carried a hint of remorse as he offered an explanation,

"Aashi, I am truly sorry. I've tried countless times to reach out, but it seemed you didn't want to hear from me. Please, allow me to explain."

A plea was evident in his voice as he implored, "Please, Aashi..."

Raman took a step closer to Aashi, his intention evident in his gentle attempt to hold her hand.

Aashi responded with a smile, a smile that concealed the deep trials she had gone through in the past years. Despite her facade, her heart silently shattered with every word she spoke.
Their journey began when Raman and Aashi crossed paths at a close friend's birthday party six years ago.

Aashi fell for Raman at first sight. He was the epitome of kindness, handsomeness, care, and maturity, admired by almost every girl in their circle.

Aashi's love for him was unconditional, and it lingered even as time passed.