Chapter 4

January 26th, 2005, Forks High School Parking lot
________________________________________

Catherine, Jasper and Edward walked towards the big yellow school bus. Even though Jasper was still a little angry at Edward. His wife told him to be nice so he did. He also kind of understood why Edward did what he did. He knew that if Catherine was a human he would've probably done the same.

When Catherine spotted Bella standing next to her truck, Edward whispered in her ear. "Please be nice to her and ask if she's okay? After the accident, you know?"

Catherine sighed. She kissed her husband before walking over to Bella.

"Hey, Bella Swan right? I am Catherine Cullen. Edward's sister." She told the awkward brunette with a smile. She stuck her hand out and Bella shook it.

"Yeah.. nice to meet you." She softly said.

"So, I was at the hospital yesterday. You see my adoptive father works there. And I heard that you got in an accident. So I was wondering if you were alright." The curly haired vampire asked with a synpathetic smile.

"Oh, yeah. I- I'm fine. Thanks for asking." She awkwardly said with a small smile.

Catherine was about to say something else when she got interrupted by Mike Newton. Catherine thought he was just an annoying Jock that wasn't funny at all.

"Look at you huh? You're alive!" He said in an annoying voice. Catherine rolled her eyes and Bella awkwardly responded. "Oh yeah. False alarm I guess."

"Now, I wanted to ask you, you know, if you know. It's like a few months away but.." Bella wasn't listening to him. Catherine followed her gaze and saw her staring at Edward. She softly smiled but then noticed Mike had stoped talking.

"Actually.. Catherine, can Bella and I talk alone?" He asked. Catherine just shrugged and was about to walk away when Bella said, to Catherine's surprise.

"No. She can stay." She gave Catherine a pleading look so she stayed.

"Sorry, please continue." Bella told him.

"Do you wanna go to prom with me?" He awkwardly asked her.

"Oh. Prom.. dancing. Not such a good idea for me." She awkwardly said. "I have something that weekend anyway. I'm going to Jacksonville." Mike's face dropped.

"Can't you go another weekend?" He hopefully asked her. "Non-refundable ticket... sorry." She said.

Mike nodded and turned to Catherine. "You wanna go with me, Cathy?" Catherine made a face and told him.

"Jesus, Newton. I have a boyfriend and don't call me that. Bye Bella." She waved at Bella before leaving. She heard Bella say goodbye behind her.

"And?" Edward asked as they stood in line to get on the bus. "She said that she was fine. She's going to Jacksonville the weekend of prom. But that was an obvious lie."

"How do you know?" Jasper asked as he slung his arm around her shoulder. She shrugged and said. "Mike Newton asked her to prom, she needed an excuse."

Edwards head shot up. "He did what?!" Then he read her mind. "He also asked you?!" He angrily asked.

"Shut up!" She put a hand infront of his mouth. "People might hear you."

"He asked you out?" Jasper said in a low, angry voice. Catherine rolled her eyes and sighed, she glared at Edward before turning to her husband.

"Now look at what you did, Ed." She said as she gripped Jaspers hand. "I don't care that he asked me out. I didn't marry you for no reason. I love you. Not him." She reassured him while placing her hand on his cheek.