Chapter 11

September 12th, 2005, Cullen residence
_________________________________________

Alice had forced Catherine to help plan Bella's birthday party. It was the mortals birthday in a day and Alice, who had become good friends with the mortal, insisted that they all celebrated it.

Bella had asked Alice to not go overboard, but... it's Alice.

Catherine had handed Alice a drawing pad so she could draw what she envisioned for the party. Alice drew lots of roses, candles and presents.

"Are you sure you're not just throwing a party for yourself?" Catherine asked her sister with a skeptical look as the girls got in Alice's car to go to a florist in Port Angeles to get the roses.

"Bella will love it!" Alice exclaimed while clapping her hands. Catherine just sighed and rolled her eyes with a grin. "I don't know, it's a little too extra for Bella. Maybe she would prefer to just eat some cake and maybe sing a song." Catherine said with a shrug. Alice shook her hand. "I won't accept that.... and I might be doing this slightly for myself too." The pixie-haired girl said with a sly grin.

Catherine laughed and shook her head. "You, my dear sister, are terrible." She said while opening the car window.

As Alice parked in one of the parking lots at Port Angeles, Catherine saw some of the lowlifes of Forks. Smoking cigarettes next to their disgusting bikes.

"You know, in my time, people would've been thrown in jail for looking like that." Catherine said in disgust as the two girls got out of the car.

"You know you sound really old when you sat that, right?" Alice said with a laugh as she locked her car. Catherine just shrugged. "I am really old." The long-haired vampire said with a shrug.

Alice just smiled and took her sisters hand as they walked down the street to the florist. "Oh! By the way, we still have to get you a dress to wear to the party! I know the perfect spot!" Alice exclaimed happily as she skipped down the street, pulling her sister along.

"Okay, let's just put in an order at the florist first. Twelve dozens roses right?" Catherine answered with an amused smile. Alice nodded in response. "We could mix red and pink roses. A 80/20 percent split?" Catherine said with a smile.

Alice grinned and nodded as they walked in the florist. The old lady was definetely surprised when the girls put in an order for twelve dozens roses but oh well.

After getting the receipt and being told to come pick up the flowers in a day, the two girls left the store.

Alice pulled Catherine to some clothing stored next, forcing her sister to try on basically everything.

"I don't like this one. It makes my shoulders look weird." Catherine complained as she pulled at one of the straps of the dress. "You look fine, the color just doesn't suit you very well. Try this one." Alice held up another dress. It was purple, with thin straps and a little gold ring in between the breasts. Catherine looked at the dress in amazement.

"That's pretty." She mumbled before Alice handed it to her. "Suits you, go try it on." Alice basically pushed Catherine back into the changing room.

When Catherine came out again, she had a large smile on her face. She thought she looked very pretty.

"Do you like it?" Alice asked while knowingly grinning at her sister. Catherine just smiled back. "I really like it." She confirmed.

"Do you already have something to wear?" Catherine asked as the two girls walked out of the store. Alice nodded and started explaining what she would wear when they passed a window of the local jewelry store.