Chapter 9

March 17th, 2005, Forks.
_________________________________________

They had been trying to lead James the wrong way for A WHOLE DAY. Everyone was growing tired. They were all thirsty and overall just drained.

Catherine heard her phone ring. She yelled at everyone to stop running when she saw it was Alice. "Hey, Al. What's up? Is Bella okay?" Catherine asked as she picked up the phone.

"I just had a vision. The tracker figured out that you were leading him away. He changed course and he's coming to Phoenix!" She hysterically explained.

"Shit!" Catherine yelled. The other vampires had overheard their conversation. Carlisle told everyone to get back to the car. Rosalie and Esme would stay to watch Charlie.

"Thank you so much for calling Al." Catherine said while sitting in the backseat. "We'll see you in about a day. Goodluck, bye-" She was cut off by Edward yelling. "Wait! Hand ne the phone!" Before pulling the phone out of her hands. "Don't yell at me, you asshole!" Catherine defended.

Edward ignored his sister and asked Alice. "Could you hand the phone to Bella?" Once Bella was on the line he quickly explained.

"We lost the tracker. The woman's still in the area. Rosalie and Esme are going back to Forks to protect your father. I'm coming to get you. Then you and I are gonna go somewhere alone. The others will keep hunting. I'll do... whatever it takes to make you safe again."

After that they soon hung up the phone again. Catherine's thoughts were racing. She was thinking very frantically and very fast. Her thoughts were everywhere.

"Damn it, Catherine. You're thinking too fast! You're stressing me out!" Edward snapped at her from the front seat, getting overwhelmed by her fast thoughts. Before she could defend herself, Jasper was already doing it for her. "Hey! I don't care what she was thinking, you don't yell at my wife! I get that you're stressed but don't take it out on us!" He sternly told Edward. He just sighed and sat back in his seat again.

Catherine smiled slightly at his protectiveness and proudly kissed her husband's cheek. He just pulled her a little closer to him.

After that the car was silent. They were almost in Phoenix when Edward's phone went off. He picked up the phone and said. "It's Alice again." He picked up and put it on speaker. "Hey Alice, were almost there." He was cut off by Alice frantically shouting in the phone. "She left! She went to confront James! She's at a ballet studio in Phoenix! We'll meet you there!" She yelled before hanging up.

Carlisle, knowing that they were faster when they ran, parked the car. As soon as the car stopped, Edward jumped out and ran away. His siblings and father following. But Edward was way quicker.

When they were almost there, they ran into Alice and Oliver. They all ran together towards the ballet studio.

When they arrived, they found Edward had ripped a piece of skin out of James' neck. Carlisle, Jasper and Emmett immediately ran to them. Alice and Catherine went to comfort Bella. "Bella, Bella it's okay." Alice tried to reassure the girl.

"It's okay, calm down. You'll be fine." Catherine tried to help. She and Alice pressed down on her leg to stop the blood from flowing. Blood. "Oh god." Alice shuddered and brought her hand up to her nose, her sister followed. They seemed almost entranced.

Catherine snapped out of it and grabbed Alice's hand and pulled it down with hers. "Carlisle! Her blood!" She yelled. "Carlisle!" Alice yelled. "I can't!" Catherine exclaimed before running away to her brothers and husband to get away from the blood.

"Start the fire." Jasper told her. "Get the floorboards." Emmett told Jasper. She pulled a lighter out of her pocket and threw it on the floor. Oliver pulled out some of the floorboards along with Jasper and threw them on the growing fire.