Chapter 6

January 29th, 2005, Forks High School Parking Lot
________________________________________

Rosalie and Catherine were glaring at Edward. He was making eyecontact with Bella, who was on the other side of the parking lot. She gave him a look before turning around and walking into the forest.

When Edward started walking after her Rosalie and Catherine yelled after him.

"Edward!" "Edward, you get back right now!" He just ignored them and kept walking.

Catherine turned around, if she could cry she would've burst into tears from all the stress. Jasper hugged her tightly to his chest. A sad expression on his face as he sent a wave of calm over her.

Rosalie just angrily stomped into the school, Emmett following after her. Oliver had his arm around a glum looking Alice.

"How could he do this to us, expose us like this?" Catherine mumbled in his chest. Jasper just put a hand on the back of her head before murmering. "I don't know."

Catherine felt another wave of calm overcome her. She pulled away from Jasper and looked at him. "Thank you." She murmered. He just kissed her head.

"We should just go home early. I'll call Emmett." Oliver said. Alice nodded while Jasper said a soft okay.

Jasper opened the door to Emmett's Jeep so Catherine could sit. Alice sat in the frontseat of her car while Oliver was on the phone with Emmett.

A short while later, Rosalie and Emmett came back. Alice and Oliver had already drove off. Rosalie sat in the passenger seat while Emmett drove off.

The drive home was quiet. Which was weird since Rosalie usually yelled when she was angry. The blonde didn't seem to know what to do.

Emmett had a hand on her knee while he drove. The gesture seemed to calm her down a little.

Catherine was torn. She didn't know whether to be mad at Edward or be proud of him. She was fine with him being friends with the mortal, she was very angry that he told her their secret. She was just silently sitting against her husband with a conflicted look on her face.

Jasper was a little angry at Edward for exposing their secret like it was nothing. On the other hand, he knew that if Catherine was human, he would've also wanted to tell her.

"What are we gonna do?" Emmett spoke up. Rosalie didn't answer, she just kept staring out of the window. Catherine tried to form a sentence but failed to do so, so Jasper spoke up.

"We try to be supportive of Edwards decicion." He said.

Emmett nodded. He turned to his wife and asked her. "What do you think Rosie?" While rubbing her knee.

Rosalie sat up. "I don't wanna support him in this. If you wanna I won't hold a grudge since you're still family. But I can't support Edward tearing apart our famiy." She said.

"Maybe this won't tear apart our family. Maybe Bella is what Edward needs. She might just make him really happy." Emmett said. Rosalie just shrugged.

"What about you Cathy?" Jasper asked. Catherine also shrugged. "I don't agree with Edwards decicion, nor will I accept and/or support it. But I don't blame the mortal. I'll try to be nice to her." She said with a sigh.

Jasper kissed her head. She leaned into his touch with a sad smile.

When they arrived home, Emmett asked Jasper and Catherine to leave without them. Jasper helps Catherine out of the car and they walk up to their home.

Inside they found Alice and Olive sitting on the couch with Carlisle and Esme.

"Hey, where are Rose and Emmett?" Esme asked them as they sat down.