Chapter - 1

7 years later

7 years later

"I am coming."

I squint and rub my eyes to try and see the text clearly on my phone as if what I am seeing is somehow not real and that my mind is still playing tricks on me.

I keep my phone on the nightstand and lay back down on the bed, keeping one arm over my eyes. I must be dreaming or I may not be fully awake yet, I think.

So, I remove the blanket from myself and walk over to freshen up in the bathroom as I ruffle my hairs. I take my sweet time in getting ready, it's not like I have a boss.

In fact, I am the boss of Miller Corporation. Shocker, I know.

As I button up my white shirt, like always, triggered by the supposed text, my mind drags me back to the past. A past that changed the course of many lives. We all lost a lot that night. Putting my sleeves through the navy suit jacket, I look into the mirror and see the differences I have gained in my personality in these past years.

My build a little broader, jaw a little sharper. I have grown a few inches too than I was when I was eighteen. My blue eyes have turned darker too, obviously the result of the demons haunting us all.

My blonde hair now not wavy though still the same shade. The only thing that still remains unchanged, I suppose.

With a sigh, I strap on my watch and walk out to my room. Picking up the phone from the nightstand, I check my messages thinking I won't find that message again.

But I was wrong, because I still see his message glaring at me. I don't know whether to be happy that he is returning or be terrified for others because of the havoc he'll wreak and the blood baths that'll follow.

Good God! Have mercy on our souls.

Seven years ago, when Ahana Stokes died, Gabriel Lee Miller locked himself in his room, drank himself to oblivion and didn't let anyone in, not even us. None of us saw him or knew if he was okay.

Then I saw him. A week later.

At their funeral.

He didn't come forward from where he was standing behind a faraway tree, at least not while everyone was there. I didn't call him out either, knowing he didn't want to be bothered.

But his weary and sunken eyes were enough to give me an idea on how he was doing. I realised he needed time to even process all of that had happened, let alone accept her death and move forward.

But then a few hours later, I received a message from him.

"I'm leaving. Don't look for me. I'll be back."

That's all he said, before he disappeared off the face of the earth. All of us tried calling him a billion times but he never answered. Not once. So, after a while, we stopped, knowing he'll be back when he will be ready.