I internally groaned. So what? He can keep his distance and talk to her, right? Rahul pulled me back, and Rishi said, "Jiju, don't worry. He's just a friend of Di." I nodded at him as the idiot came to me, extending his hand, saying, "Hi, I'm Reyansh Raichandh. It's a pleasure to meet you."

I shook his hand with a tight hold, saying, "Vihaan Singhania, and it's not a pleasure meeting you." Anvi came, punching my hand. She said, "Ignore him, Ansh."

Ansh? Why is she calling him with these nicknames? Did they date back then? Did they spend more time with each other? Did she laugh at his jokes like she does for mine? Did she show her that perfect doe puppy eyes for him like she show to me? Ahh, my head will be blasting with lots of thoughts.

She said to him again, "Let's go grab lunch. It's been so long since I met you."

Hello, I'm still here. She turned to me, still glaring, said, "We're getting lunch. If you want, you can join us." With that, she turned to the boys and said, "Come on, boys. Let's go." All of them followed her, leaving me and Shri behind.

Shri said, "Bhai, let's go." I nodded, following them. I hate that this idiot is being close to her. Shri said, chuckling, "Bhai, calm down. Rishi said that he's just a friend, right?" I said, "Friend? Look at him being so touchy-touchy. How dare he touch what's mine?" I hate that I am behaving like a jerk, but I also hate it when other men are around her.

We all went to KFC. After placing our order, that idiot insisted on paying. I said I will pay. As we both stared at each other, Anvi said clearly frustrated, "I am paying." With that, we both backed off.

Rahul and Anandh chuckled seeing me. Rishi came to my side, saying, "Jiju, don't worry. He's a nice guy, a very good friend of ours." I just gave him a nod. I appreciate him wanting to ease the tension in the air, but clearly, it's not working here.

They just kept chatting about many random things, and clearly, he knows about her more than I do because they spoke about many people I don't know about. I am so frustrated. Rahul asked him, "So did you come for a vacation, Reyansh?"

He nodded, saying, "Yes, Rahul, and I am so glad I did because I got to see my close friend here." He smiled at Anvi, and she smiled back. She smiled back? She fucking smiled at him? I didn't like this feeling.

Rahul was clearly enjoying teasing me as he asked, "Which hotel do you stay in here?" He said, "I stay in the nearby resort down this mountain." Anandh said, "That is where we live as well."

Very good. Now, they will definitely hang out later as well. I sighed, not liking the thought that he is disturbing my freaking honeymoon. Well, not an official one, but this is the first trip we are coming as a married couple.

Anvi said, "That's great, Ansh. Then we all will have dinner together." He nodded. I got up slamming my hands on the table, saying, "I have a meeting, so I am heading out first. You guys will come or stay a bit longer?" Anvi's eyes met mine. She sighed, getting up. She said, "Come on, everyone. Let's go."

I was happy; at least she is coming back with me. That idiot said, "I will also join you guys then." I slapped my head. Does this guy know what privacy means? Rahul came, pushing me. He said, "Possessive much, huh?" I said in my very deadly tone, "Don't make me kick you, Rahul."

He raised his hands in the air, saying, "I am just asking, Bhai. Why so angry?" I shook my head as I got a call. I looked at the ID and stopped. Alex? Why is he calling me now? Definitely, something must be wrong. I picked up immediately. Anvi raised her hand, asking, "What?" I motioned my hand, telling them to move forward. I will join later.

She nodded. Alex said, "King, there is something wrong." I asked in my usual cold tone, "What is it, Alex?" He said, "King, many leaders went missing. We don't know what is happening, but suddenly everyone is going missing. We couldn't trace anything. I updated Shiv about this situation. He said about these strange parcels, and I think somehow the queen is involved in all this, King."

Wait, what? How did he know Anvi is involved? I asked, "How are you so sure about this, Alex?" He said, "We all received a package this morning, King. It has a picture of you and the queen. There was a letter attached to it that said 'You took away what is mine, so I will make sure to burn down your kingdom.'"

Oh my god! I said, "I will figure it out, Alex. Make sure everyone is safe. Send everyone to the safe house. Make sure the kids are okay. I will call you to say when you all need to come here." He said, "I will take care of everything here, King, and you be careful as well and will be waiting for your call." I hung up the call.

Who is behind all of this? What the hell do they want? I know everything that happened in her life. I mean, I wanted to know her better, so I did my research. But I am also waiting for her to open up to me, to tell me the full story of her past, her pain. But I can't join the dots, How come she is involved in this? How come all of this is happening to her?

"The target was never you; it has always been Saanvi." Vishnu's words ring in my head.

I ran down to see all of them still walking, each of them with an ice cream in their hand. I saw Anvi enjoying her ice cream, licking it. Looking at her I promised myself that I will protect her. I will happily trade my life for her happiness, I thought as I went near her. The ice cream was on her nose. I chuckled, wiping it with my thumb and licking.

She blushed, asking, "What took you so long, Aan?" I linked my arm with hers and said, "Nothing you should worry about." She eyed me suspiciously and asked, "You're acting really weird these days, Aan. What's wrong?"

I can't hide anything from her, can I? But I kissed her forehead and said, "Nothing, baby. Let's enjoy our honeymoon, okay?" I heard someone scream from behind, "Honeymoon?" I turned to see this idiot. I glared at him.

Anvi looked panicked, but she covered it off by punching my arm. She said, "What do you mean by honeymoon, Aan oh I know you meant pre honeymoon right?" She turned to him and said, "He's just getting really cheesy these days, that's all, Ansh. Come, let's go." Cheesy? Me? Rahul and Rishi gave me a side-eye with a smirk, clearly knowing everything.

I pulled Rahul aside, filling him in on all that happened. Rahul said, "At any cost, promise me that you will make sure she is okay." I rolled my eyes, asking, "Aren't you the one who whined that I am getting a wife and you're getting a competitor? What happened to all that now?" He punched me, saying, "Come on, Bhai. I am serious." I nodded, promising him.

We all headed to our resort, and everyone went to their rooms. As I went inside the room, I pulled her to the door, pinned her, and raised her hands up. I locked her arms with mine, and she gasped at my action.

In a husky voice, I said, "Vie, you really tested my patience today, didn't you?" She asked, "What are you talking about, Aan?" I replied, "You need to be punished, baby," and slammed my lips on hers. She moaned under the pressure; I wasn't going soft on her this time. She awakened the beast in me.

After I felt her breathless, I moved to her neck with peppering kisses. She shivered under my touch. These days she is wearing only high-necked outfits, and I knew the reason but I wanted access to more of her neck, so I used one hand to pull her neck from the back, pushing her more into me. However, she pushed me away with force, and I stumbled back as she opened the door and ran.

Wait what just happened? I thought then it hit me, 'Oh Oh my, it will trigger her.' I ran after her. I didn't know how long she ran, but she stopped at a place, and I finally stopped beside her, panting. I looked around, and there was a beautiful waterfall in front of us. The area was filled with trees. She ran into the forest. The sun was setting.

I hugged her from behind and said, "I am really sorry that I forgot about this, Vie." She ruffled my hair, leaned close, and said, "It's not your fault, Aan, Its mine." I turned her towards me and said, "Never think about this like that, Vie. It was never your fault." I placed my forehead on hers, and we just enjoyed the sunset. None of us spoke anything.

After some time, she said, "I am ready to tell you, Aan." I looked at her, asking, "Are you sure, Vie?" She said, "I want you to know everything about me, about my life Aan. I am your wife." I smiled, pecking her lips. Finally she is opening up to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

What happened in her past? Whom did she kill? Did she really kill a person? And mainly who is trying to get anvi?