Chapter 39: Fractured Trust

Narrators POV:

As Deku made his way to class, a sense of relief washed over him. Despite the tension that lingered between him and Bakugo, there was a glimmer of hope that perhaps their relationship wasn't irreparably damaged.

However, upon entering the classroom, Deku was immediately greeted by the sight and sound of Uraraka and Mina engaged in a heated argument. Their voices clashed in a cacophony of accusations and frustration, filling the room with tension. It seemed as though they were on the verge of physical confrontation, their emotions reaching a boiling point.

"How could you do this?!" Mina's voice pierced the air, laden with accusation.

"It wasn't my fault!" Uraraka retorted, her own voice tinged with defensiveness.

The exchange escalated, each word fueling the fire of their disagreement. Then, in a sudden, unexpected turn of events, Uraraka lashed out, delivering a punch to Mina's face. The room fell into stunned silence as the gravity of the situation sank in.

Time seemed to stand still as Mina touched her cheek, registering the impact of the blow. Uraraka, too, appeared shocked by her own actions, frozen in disbelief at what she had done. It was a moment that left everyone present reeling, unable to comprehend the sudden violence that had erupted.

In the midst of the chaos, Bakugo stepped forward, his presence commanding attention. With a swift motion, he pushed Uraraka aside, causing her to stumble and fall. Ignoring the commotion around them, he focused his attention on Mina, his concern evident in his voice.

"Mina, are you okay?" he asked, his words cutting through the stunned silence.

The unexpected display of compassion from Bakugo left the rest of the class in disbelief, their eyes widening in astonishment. As Bakugo assisted Mina and led her out of the room, the weight of the moment hung heavy in the air, leaving everyone to grapple with the aftermath of the altercation.

Deku's POV:

I stood frozen for a moment, watching as Kacchan and Mina hurried out of the classroom. "Wait up!" I called after them, my footsteps echoing in the hallway as I caught up. Together, we rushed to Recovery Girl's office, where she greeted us with concern etched on her face.

"What happened?" she inquired, her voice a mix of worry and authority. Mina's nose was bleeding, her cheek swollen and bruised. The contrast of the dark purple bruise against her normally pink skin was stark. Kacchan and I explained how Uraraka had punched Mina, causing the injuries.

As Recovery Girl tended to Mina, Kacchan and I waited anxiously. "So, Kacchan, what did you think of my Valentine's present?" I ventured, breaking the tense silence between us.

"It was fine, I guess," he responded, surprising me with his directness. We lapsed back into silence, the weight of the situation hanging heavy in the air.

After what felt like an eternity, Recovery Girl returned with Mina, her cheek bandaged and her nose no longer bleeding. She looked better, though far from her usual self. As we returned to class, the rest of our classmates crowded around Mina, expressing concern and offering words of support. She nodded silently, making her way to her desk with her head down.

We all sat down as Aizawa-sensei entered the room, his gaze piercing as he assessed the atmosphere. Kacchan explained what had transpired, and Uraraka was assigned detention after the end of the day. Mina was excused to return to the dorms due to her injuries.

I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled over me. Mina's usual cheerfulness was absent, replaced by a palpable sense of distress. Everything felt like it was spiraling out of control, leaving me with a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

==========================================

Please, don't hate me for disappearing since Jan 5. I'm really sorry about that. I'll make it up to you by posting at least 2 to 3 chapters every day from now on.

Word Count: 637