28. The Talk

"So... can we not talk about it yet?" Davina questioned.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." Jon agreed.

"I..." Davina struggled for words and scurried off. Jon stared back at her before moving to his chambers. He was Targaryen... Shit.

"How could you not tell me!" Davina screamed.

"It's not like its-"

"MOTHER! I LOVE HIM AND HE'S MY... MY... WHAT IS HE?" She shouted.

"Jon is Rhaegar's son. Rhaegar was my nephew, so Jon is my second nephew making him your.... soft of cousin? People wed their cousins all the time." Avalon assured.

"I suppose but... why didnt you tell me!"

"This is just another sign that you are too young for boys." Tywin decided.

"You are not helping." Davina demanded. "Are you really going to be queen?"

"I  think I am." Avalon agreed. She looked to Tywin and he held tight to her hand. "I'm nervous. I never once thought that I would be queen, that I would rule, its just not how things go."

"You will be a good queen and I'm your heir..." Davina realized slowly. "Okay! This is good. This is great."

"Dont try to usurp your mother already." Tywin corrected.

"I would never just thinking about the future!" Davina declared before walking off.

Jon was brooding. Of course he was. He was an honorable man and his life was a lie and the woman he loved was related to him?

"Try not to think too much into it." Tyrion suggested.

"How can I not?"

"Mother told me everything and from what davina has said about you since the moment she met you, you are the one for her." Tyrion declared. "Why does some distant bloodline-"

"Not so distant." Jon corrected.

"Why does blood have to interfere with honor?"

"I love her. I have never felt this way before but.. what if shes... what if we-"

"What if you are soulmates and you are being stupid throwing it away?"

"I never said I was throwing anything away." Jon corrected. "I love her. I love her! I just need time to process the fact that my life was a lie and im... Targaryen now." Jon assured.

"Good because davina has her claws in you and there is no way she's letting you go." Tyrion half mused.

" I heard that you nincompoop." Davina sassed.

"Ah my lovely little sister!" Tyrion declared. "I was helping."

"Sure you were. Give us I would say a moment, but I need longer than that." Davina assured.

"Yep!" Tyrion agreed heading off.

"So your father lied to protect you. We lie to everyone all the time about who we are. To keep us safe." Davina remarked. "I thought it through and im okay that you are a targaryen."

"Really?"

"Yes. When we wed- which we will." Davina commanded. Jon chuckled leaning into her. "I will be my mother heir. Making you my future king. We will be ruling together one day."

"I like anything that involves me and you together." Jon agreed kissing her.

"Wonderful so.. you and me."

"We belong together." Jon assured. "I have to talk to my father... my... lord stark." He realized.

"Yeah I figured. But find me after." Davina begged.

"Always."

"Lord Stark." Jon remarked.

"Sit." Ned agreed gesturing across at the seat across from him. Jon did as instructed.

"Tell me about my mother." Jon requested.

"Lyanna was a wonderful woman. She fell in love with rhaegar and robert started a war to get her back. But she didnt want to get back. She wanted to be claimed by him."
Ned added.

"Lyanna." Jon whispered. "My mother."

"Rhaegar- avalon could tell you more about your father. She said she always had a fondness of her nephew." Ned remarked. "But i can tell you about lyanna." Jon leaned in. "She was a warrior. Fiesty. Reminds me a bit of davina actually." Ned chuckled. "Jon, Davina seems like a lovely girl and i know you dont need it but you have my approval and my blessing. I know your mother would have liked her too."

"Thank you." Jon agreed.

"You dont seem mad. You understand why I did it?"

"Yes. Davina and I had a talk." Jon agreed. "She told me about how she had to lie and hide who she was her whole life. She didnt show any resentment against her parents. She... she made me see that the truth is a dangerous thing... i could have been killed if robert found out. I understand why you kept me far away from all this. But i am glad i know. Im glad im here."