59

2024
March

Pablo sits outside in the back yard enjoying the warm day. He watches as Estela kicks the football back and forth. "Can you play today, Papi?" She asks kicking the ball to him. Pablo thinks for a little before getting up. It had been 4 months since his surgery and since his recovery started and he was officially cleared to start with light exercises, such as a little jogging and a bit of football but not too much and definitely not at full effort. He picks up the ball making his way to the grass where the girl stood.
He places the ball on the ground and gently kicks it to her. The girl giggles happily as she kicks it back to him. He missed this, and couldn't wait to go back next season. "Que hacen?" The father and daughter turn to see that young mom standing at the door with her arms crossed. Pablo picks up the ball and walks over to her, Estela following close by.
"Hola" he beams, giving her a small kiss, before dropping the ball and placing his hand on her stomach. The baby was due to be born in 2 weeks and the family couldn't wait to find out the gender since they want it to be a surprise. "Can I have a juice mami" Estela asks tugging as her moms shirt: Melissa nods down at her then watches her run into the house.
"Not forcing yourself too much?" She turns back to Pablo. He shakes his head. "Just light kicking" she nods at him then places her hand on his feeling the baby start to move. "They like your voice" she whispers. He smiles at her. "Both my kids do" he chuckles remembering the countless of time that he would talk to Melissa stomach while she was pregnant with Estela and the baby would move uncontrollably. "You should go rest, amor" he says.
Melissa rolls her eyes. "I just woke up from a nap"
Pablo shrugs and starts to lead her back inside. "Lets go rest together then"
"We sleep too much" Melissa says walking with him.
"We're old"
"We're 19"
"And I've been a dad since I was 16" he points out before telling Estela that they were going to be in the room.
"So dramatic" the girl rolls her eyes. Pablo chuckles and shakes his head. "I feel old...I stood outside with my arms crossed the other day staring at the lawn after my dad finished cutting it" Melissa laughs then stops, lifting up his shirt to poke at his stomach.
"Dios mío! The dad belly is coming in!" She jokes.
Pablo swats her hand away. "No mi digas eso!" He cries out holding his stomach. The couple laugh before crawling onto the bed.
Pablo lifts his shirt up again. "For 4 months of barely working out, my six pack still looks good...no?" He asks, turning to Melissa. She nods and presses a kiss to her lips. "Mine is gone" she mumbles.
Pablo smiles and wraps his arm around her. "Don't worry, amor. You'll bounce back like last time. But I think you look pretty cute with a baby bump"
"Be quiet"
"Vale"

.
.
.

"Mierda!"
"Hijo de puta!"

Melissa's turns to stare at Pablo with wide eyes.
"Y esas palabrotas, Pablo?" She says in shock.
Pablo shakes his head as she slams the PlayStation controller down on the couch. "I lost!" He screams again.
Melissa smacks his arms. "Estela is trying to nap" she tells him.
Pablo groans. "I fucking hate FIFA."  Melissa shakes her head while they sit there in silence.

"I want sushi" the girl mumbled. Pablo turns to her. "Me too" he crosses his arms over his chest for a second before shooting up off the couch and making his way to the kitchen. "Where are you going?" Melissa calls out.
"To call Fermin to tell him to bring us sushi! Estela! Quieres sushi!?"
"Pablo she's—si!" Mentally sighing realizing that the little girl in fact never fell asleep.
"Pablo you're allowed to drive now" Melissa tells him wondering why he just can go.

"I don't feel like it and Fermin doesn't know that so..." Melissa face palms at what the boy just said.
Soon a happy Pablo makes his way back to Melissa. "He said yes!" He cheers, plopping back down.
Melissa laughs as he wraps his arm around her.
He places on hand on the blue eyed girls belly, hoping to feel the baby kick. "Hello?" He says to the stomach.
Kick
He grins up at his girlfriend before turning back to the girl's stomach. "Ya salte, no?" The girl holds back a slight laugh at what he said.
Kick
"Your big sister wants to meet you"
Kick
"Mami and papi want to meet you too"
Kick
"Your mami is very pretty...not as pretty as papi but—AY...porque mi pegas?" Pablo rubs his shoulder blade as he stares at his the girl.
"Ojalá no salga como tú" she mutters making Pablo smile. "Ojalá si, imagina un mini mi corriendo por todos lados" he beams. "Estela already is a mini you!"
The young dad sits up and press a kiss to her cheek. "You have a piece of me where ever you go."
"They'll be lucky to be just like their mom" he whispers. She blushes and takes back what she said because she knew that they'll be lucky to be like their dad.
Ding

Pablo grabs his phone then look at Melissa. "Fermin is asking if he can eat with us." Pablo says.
Before the girl could even respond Pablo answers. "I said no." Melissa's mouth falls and was prepared to smack him again but the boy moves away.
"Estela! Do you want to play?" The dad shouts walking away. "SI!"

Melissa rolls her eyes and pulls out her own phone and clicking on Fermins contact name.

Message to
Fermin

ignore Pablo
you are welcome to eat with us

I was going to anyways

🤨

he's my pookie bear
🥰

I got Estela a gift too

still trying to win her over?

yeah

maybe this next one will actually
like you

A/n: 🙏🏼