20

2023

Melissa rushes around the house gathering everything that she needs for her first shoot.
"Amor...it's okay...you're a natural" Pablo says walking into the living room, holding Estelas small backpack in his arms.
It had been a 2 weeks since that lady had walked up to Melissa in public. After a lot of long talks with Pablo and him saying she should go for it, she was finally able to make a decision.
Now she's here, a nervous reck.
Melissa takes a deep breath, before nodding.
"Okay...Pedri is picking you up to go train and my papa should be here to pick up Estela soon but I have to go..I love you! Tell Estela I love her when she wakes up" she says, rushing to give Pablo a kiss to the lips.
They say their goodbyes before the girls walks out the front door.
Pablo chuckles to himself before throwing the small bag onto the couch.
He makes his way into their room, smiling softly at the little girl cuddled up into the big blanket. He gently gets onto the bed, sitting besides her.
Quickly waking her up, telling her she needs to get ready to go spend time with abuelito.
"no!" The little girl cries out, trying to hide from her dad.
"Bebe, abuelo is going to be here soon" Pablo sighs.
Estela let's our a cry of protest and refuses to listen to her dad.
"come on- NO" she cuts him off with another loud cry.
Pablo sighs as Estela starts to cry while repeating the words "Mami".
"Mami isn't here baby" she tells her, gently rubbing her back.
"Why!" She cries.
"Mami is working mi amor"
"I don't go with abuelo" she cries even harder.
Pablo pushes his lips together, shaking his head at the mood his daughter woke up into today.
After a few more minutes of trying Pablo groans and picks up his phone, clicking on Melissa's dads contacts name.
"Hey Pablo!" The older man cheers through the phone.
"Hola! Um...lo siento but Estela is in one of those moods today, saying that she wants her mom..so I was thinking I'd take her to training with me so she's wouldn't be sad" Pablo explains.
He hears the older man chuckle through the phone.
"Oh no you're fine, mijo! I haven't left my house yet anyways."
Pablo smiles softly. "Gracias Señor, come by for dinner soon, we'd love to have you"
"Gracias Pablo, tell Estela I'm sending her a hug" Melissa's dad says.
"I will; bye" Pablo tells him.
"Bye"

Pablo sets him phone down before turning back to the little girl.
"Want to go to work with papa?" He asks, bending down so his face was near her covered one.
Estela moves the blanket, picking how from a corner as she watches her dad next to her.
"Hm?" Pablo hums.
Estela covers her eyes again before humming a "mhm", bring a smile to her dads face.
"Let's get ready then?" Pablo tells her as he stands up from the bed.

.
.
.

Pedri stares at Pablo as he makes his way out to his car.
One hand gripping Estela's tiny one and the other one clinging onto her car seat.
Pablo sets down the car seat before open the back door then picking up Estela and placing her inside.
"Hey Pedri" Pablo sighs.
"Hi Pepi!"
Pedri smiles back softly at the little girl sitting in his backseat as her dad hooks up her seat.
"I thought you were joking about bringing her" Pedri says to Pablo.
Pablo chuckles. "Nope...checked with Xavi, he said it's fine" he tells him then gives the chair a few tugs to see if it's secure.
He quickly helps Estela into the seat before quickly buckling her up then telling Pedri he'd be right back then running back inside the house.
Pedri look back at Estela, through his review mirror.
She sat patiently with her hands on her lap and  little feet kicking.
"Mi gusta tu camiseta" he tells her, noticing that she was wear Coldplay shirt, layered by a black coat then paired with pink cargo pants and a pair of probably the tiniest airforce 1s he'd ever seen.
"Gracias" she beams at him.
"Did papi dress you?" He asked.
Estela nods happily at Pedri.
Pedri chuckles to himself as Pablo gets into the car next to him.
"What's so funny?" He asks throwing his bag in the back, next to Estela before handing over her small backpack.
"Did you dress her up?" The older boy asks as he starts the car.
Pablo nods buckling up. "Yeah..why? Isn't it cool?" He asks.
"Oh, I like it. It's just very obvious you dressed her and not Melissa" he tells the young dad.
Pablo rolls his eyes. "Is it cause if the coldplay shirt?"