Chapter 51: The Invasion - Part 1

"Our forces are ready."

"The portal will be ready to activate in just a few minutes."

"Line up, everyone!"

As the Coven Guards and Scouts (witches with beak-shaped masks) prepared for the coming battle, with all sorts of chaos ensuing between the witches, only a few key figures really mattered more than the others.

First was Darius, who resigned to helping the tech squad with final preparations. His knowledge of technology made him useful to making sure that nothing would go wrong before the plan commenced.

In reality, this gave him a better look at the machine Emperor Belos called a portal. With so much at stake, he could not afford to simply destroy the door. There were too many eyes to pull something like that off without being spotted.

But if he knew the nooks and crannies of the portal before anyone went through, then he could make certain parts malfunction. He would only mess with enough to stop more than a few squads from entering the portal, and stay anonymous the whole time.

Anyone else would be up to the wild witch, who had already caused more trouble than anyone expected.

Next came Kikimora, who was acting as the manager of all functions. She had to make sure every little detail was accounted for.

It was torture, but getting to lead the front would be worth it. She had the power now. What was the last few hours of dealing with an enormous amount of tiny details compared to her newfound power as leader of this entire operation.

Finally, the emperor simply sat back as all of the chaos unfolded. He began to grow impatient for this whole thing to be done, and his subordinates were beginning to notice.

This "invasion" was happening much sooner than Belos had planned. It would also ruff up Earth more than he originally anticipated.

But what could he expect? This was the best way to ensure his plans stayed on track. I am ready to be of this witch... but she has given me the perfect opportunity to make my mark.

Belos smirked under his mask, beginning to feel a sort of excitement about all of this. It was finally time to begin warming up Earth for his return.

All of these things happened within the same period of time. Another half hour passed, before the preparations were finally complete.

Darius stood behind the tech squad while viewing the force of at least 50 witches prepared to go through. He worried that this was going to go up in flames for him, but there was no other choice.

He slightly freaked out upon noticing Kikimora in a specialized Abomination, where a humanoid goopy creature was mixed with robotic parts. It's face was in its chest, which seemed to be in constant agony. One of its hands was transformed to shoot out magical energy.

There was a spot where the head should have been for passengers... like Kikimora. She seemed overly excited for today.

"This is how they use the Abomatons?" Darius asked himself. "I thought they were made for construction?"

Eventually, everyone was ready for today to begin. All forces were in position.

Emperor Belos made his way to the front of the door. He stood tall, with his golden mask and flowing cape.

"Coven witches! Today is the first steps into the new world. We finally cross the threshold, and eliminate the only witch that stands between our future! For the Titan!"

Cheers erupted from the guards and scouts who were prepared to see the new world for their own eyes. This was the dream of the Titan. This was their future.