Chapter 29: Grometheus the Fear Bringer - Part 1

Warning: This stuff may be slightly intense.

Screams came from the opposite end of the gym, catching Luz's ears almost immediately. Amity also turned to the direction of the sound. They started making their way towards it.

Around the source of the scream was a black goop on the ground, with tendrils coming out of its body. Each one was directly stuck to the backs of nearby students.

As others started running, it managed to keep creating tendrils, catching more and more students.

Luz began mentally panicking. Is that the demon I found in the cafeteria? I thought I destroyed it! Why is it her? Why is it bigger? Wait, isn't that Gus?

As she realized who was up there, she noticed that in the corner, Gus was curled up into a ball, holding onto his head, while his eyes were... black.

The previous encounter came to mind. It had transformed into Willow, which was something she had recently been forced to acknowledge. Granted, that whole incident was taken care of, but it seemed to figure out her fear, and become it.

Screams kept filling the air. Luz was about to go find a corner to change when she felt her arm getting pulled.

"Come on!" Amity shouted. She didn't want her new friend to be captured by the mysterious blob. Plus, it seemed a bit bigger than before.

The two of them began running, with Luz panicking the whole way. She couldn't stop this thing as long as she was with Amity.

And transforming in front of her was a no-go. She needed an excuse.

The creature began connecting itself to more and more students, getting bigger in the process. It actually ended up destroying the refreshments table.

The blob became a big monster, growing spider-like legs to move around quicker.

Amity pulled Luz around a corner, and pulled out her phone. She began diving the police.

Luz, in a full-blown panic, began running back.

"Luz, what are you doing?" Amity shouted. She grabbed Luz's arm to stop her in her tracks.

Luz pulled herself free immediately. "Willow and Gus are still in there! I can't leave them!"

She began running back in with Amity son to follow, grumbling about being an idiot.

However, Amity stopped when she felt something poke her back. Her vision went black, and she couldn't see anything.

"Luz?" Amity called. "Luz!" Nothing except for her dark surroundings.

"Of course you'd choose her over us." She stopped in her tracks. "I thought you were cool once, Amity. But I guess not, huh?"

Amity turned to see who was speaking. "Boscha?"

Then, the location began to form. In mere moments, she was standing in her bedroom at Blight Manor, facing Boscha's crew. The group had looks of judgement and sadness.

"W-What's going on? Why are we here?" Amity asked.

Boscha sneered. You know why. You "helped" out that weird new girl, when we were just giving her a message. You messed up bigtime, girl.

"Well, what was I supposed to do? You were pouring coffee onto Luz's head."

You know her name. Hah! How lame!

"Oh boo hoo!" Amity rolled her eyes. "At least I have common decency. And don't pretend like Luz was the start. You were the ones who played audio of Tommy's diary at an assembly. You made Bonnie cry in class! You punched Willow for not taking your crap, Boscha! You are the problem!"