Chapter 5: The First Day

The Golden Guard stirred. A creature looking similar to a Ratworm was squeaking quite loudly.

He began stretching his arms. Then, he slowly began to stand up. The nausea from the portal was finally beginning to wear off, and he could think clearly.

The cracked window in the building allowed him to look outside. It was dark, but enough light was produced to see.

Golden Guard sighed before walking to the exit. He would prefer to sleep a little longer, but his emperor needed a response.

So, with his body feeling like led, Golden Guard left the building to find a way to contact Belos.

From what he knew, Titan's blood reacted strongly with water, so he just needed a large body of it. Simple enough. As long as he had the key, traveling would be a piece of cake.

---

A loud crash came from the pans banging into one another, startling Luz awake in seconds. She actually screamed, sending a blast of fire in the direction of it. The blast missed, instead hitting one of the walls in the guest room.

Eda slowly turned her head to the piece of wall that was hit, noting the fact that some wooden pieces were falling to the ground. She turned back to Luz.

"...why?"

"I... uh, don't react well to surprises. Sorry."

Eda shook her head. She began walking away, gesturing with the pan in her hand for Luz to follow.

Luz took a second to remind herself of the day's events, before putting her cape back on. She never had a chance to bring a change of clothes, so hopefully, this outfit would stay clean longer than normal.

She walked down the stairs, reaching what appeared to be Eda's kitchen. The older lady had a plate in hand with strange tan circles on it. Once Eda saw Luz, she handed over the plate.

"Um, what are these?" Luz asked.

"Pancakes. Haven't you ever eaten one?"

"Not really. Are they good?"

Eda gestured to a table with a fork on it. As Luz took the spot, she grabbed the fork and jammed it into the "Pancake." After a second of failing, she decided to cut off a piece.

The moment it entered Luz's mouth, a small grin appeared on her face. "For a second, I thought pizza would be the only good food humans had to offer."

Eda snorted. "Are you kidding? There's so much good stuff on earth! I bet it puts the Boiled Isles to shame."

Luz glanced up with another big piece of the cake in her mouth. She mumbled, "Boiling Isles."

"Right, right. So, the plan for today." Eda sat in the other chair opposite Luz, as she pulled out a small rectangular device. A blue light came from it, lighting up Eda's face.

"What is that?" Luz asked.

"Wait, this?" Eda responded. "Just a phone. It's technology from our world."

While Luz stared at the contraption, Eda pulled up a list of points. "Alright, kid. We've got some things to do so that you can fit into the human realm. First up, messes."

"Right." Luz refocused on Eda.

"I'm used to cleaning up for King, but having two people in the house means twice the mess. I'll figure out which chores to give you, but for now, just clean up your own messes." Eda gave her a stink eye before glancing up.

Luz sighed. She was the one who created a hole in the wall the morning after being welcomed into her home, so it was fair blame. Not the best foot to start out on.