5

We walk up to the school gate with Simone, at this point it already feels natural, I'm so glad I've got her, I would be lost without her. In the school yard Alain greats us, his wound still fresh, we laugh together and bump into Jean-Pierre outside. He doesn't look at us and walks off, Alain explains that he might get expelled for the incident. 

"Right, the incident. How could I forget, I sincerely hope Jean-Pierre doesn't get expelled for it, that asshole had it coming, one way or another." Simone says, and I can't help but to agree with her.

Like magic, there is a change in the crowd and we follow everyone's attention, only to land on him. He's standing , hands in his pockets, his tall lean body leaning on the gate. Something has changed in him, obviously he now has a bandaid covering his eye but something in his expression is different. Like I can feel the sadness radiate off of him, and I feel that sadness in me. 

I have to look away when his cold eye lands on me, if you could kill with a stare, I would be so dead right now. I look back at Simone, only to see her, flirting? With Alain? How the fuck does that even happen- I can't believe this. 

I let them be, not wanting to intrude, and walk off alone to class. After climbing the four stairs im sweating and breathing like a dog and I hear someone's voice behind me. "Are you okay?"

It's Jean-Pierre looking at me with worry and confusion as he watches me hunched over the stairwell struggling to breathe. I quickly pull myself together. "Oh me? Oh yes I'm fine haha.. Not very athletic, that's all"

He looks at me with no expression, this is just embarrassing.

I feel like I think that way too much since I have arrived in this school.

To try to cover up the awkward silence I start up the conversation; "How are you?!" I say way too loudly as he was starting to move away from me.

"Me?" He says looking confused, why does he look so confused?

"Yeah, you know with what happened yesterday... I heard you might get expelled or something"

I feel his demeanour change as he gets stiff and his eyebrows furrow, "Yeah I'm fine" 

"Good luck with the council, I'm sure they won't expel you, you look like a good guy." Ew what the fuck, that was weird, why would I say that? I don't know him at all. To my surprise he slightly smiles at me and thanks me before walking away from me. 

That's when I notice a tall figure in the corner of my eye watching me intently, I look at him and I swear I get chills from the way he looks at me. I thought he was scary at first but now, it's a whole different level. He looks me up and down and walks away with disgust in his eyes. I hate this. 

I follow him, because of course we have the same class, how tall is this man this is not normal. I let myself stare at his back, the way he walks, he has something different about him that I have never felt with anyone else, his energy or aura or whatever you call it just holds..something. 

Suddenly he stops and I bump hard into his back. Great. He starts to turn around but before I can let him react I huff and walk past him, I was not ready for that interaction. I sit down and later come Simone and Alain laughing and being all cute. Why does she get a romance after 3 days and I get a  enemy who wants me dead, this is so unfair. 

As the day goes by I try to ignore the intense stare I can feel on the back of my head and I seriously start to get scared for my safety. Finally the last bell rings and I rush out of class not even waiting for Simone, I just need to get home, I pass by Jean-Pierre's sister, who I literally share classes with but don't remember her name. 

" Hey Jane!"

"Heyyyyyyyyyy....." Why is everything I do so embarrassing, please give me a break!

"It's Michelle" She says laughing and I smile and apologise awkwardly. She proceeds to inform me of a party. A party on a Wednesday? I like this town already a little more, she gives me the informations and tells me to warn Simone. She says it could be a great opportunity to meet everyone and not feel so left out, and I like that. If there are guys like Alain there should be other nice guys, right?

I find myself awkwardly waiting for Simone once Michelle left because I have no idea where she lives and I would have no way of telling her. I recognise her short black hair and her big smile as she runs up to me and I tell her everything. She squeals with happiness "This is so good, I'll invite Alain!" 

" Yeah what the hell is going on between-

I watch as she runs away not caring about what I was about to say, she rushes his way and leaves me hanging. Right. I walk out the school yard towards my bike and am horrified when I see my bike with two flat tires. 

 I know very well who did this and I will do absolutely nothing about it. I rather have a flat tire, well, two flat tires, than getting beat up in an alley. I unlock my bike and start to walk the long way to my house like the sad thing I am, but it's fine because tonight, tonight I'm getting drunk and having a great fucking time!