Chapter 72

"You found an agency for your work-study? Congratulations Deku, that's awesome." Uraraka said to Midoriya as they sat on the couches in the common area. Yuna wandered from the kitchen and sat down on the couch adjacent to where Midoriya was sitting when she heard him mention work-studies.

"Indeed. Well done, Midoriya." Iida added.

"Thanks, guys," Midoriya replied, shaking Iida's outstretched hand.

"What agency are you going to again?" Yuna asked. She recalled him saying it at some point, but she was distracted by the cookies Mina convinced her to make. "Sir Nighteye's?"

Midoriya nodded and Kaminari leaned on the top of the couch behind her, "I dunno how the rest of us are supposed to compete with that."

"Yeah, working at Sir Nighteye's agency is seriously amazing," Sero agreed as he and Kirishima walked over to where they were sitting.

"And I hear Togata recommended you," Kirishima said. "That's pretty impressive."

"Yeah, I guess," Midoriya replied, looking away from everyone. Yuna was surprised he wasn't bouncing around the room as he announced he would be working at All Might's former sidekick's agency. In fact, he seemed a bit unsure about the whole thing, which struck Yuna as extremely odd. Something was going on with him. And Yuna wondered if it had something to do with his quirk, the existence of which still confused Yuna.

"I wish I had a place picked out," Uraraka started, interrupting Yuna's thoughts. "The school said Gunhead hasn't had enough interns, so his agency is a no-go."

"I know what you mean. I wanted to go to Selkie's, but that's out too." Tsuyu said.

"Yeah, so is Fourth Kind," Kirishima replied with a sigh. "He doesn't even accept students for work-studies."

"Azumi weren't you able to get a work-study with the hero you interned with? Amethyst, right?" Mina chimed in, turning the attention to Yuna.

Yuna nodded, "Yeah. I have no idea what strings she pulled to get the school to allow her though. She made it sound like she called in some personal favors or something."

"They let her do that?"Sero questioned, earning a shrug from Yuna.

"I mean, I don't know if that's really what she did. But after hearing the agencies they were disapproving, I was kinda shocked they approved Amethyst. She's just a younger hero and I'm pretty sure she's only done a few internships ever." Yuna explained, crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes at the floor. "Maybe it's because of her connections with almost everyone at UA? Maybe she has a good relationship with Nezu? I don't really know."

"I think the school just knew how crazy you'd be if you didn't get to do a work-study," Kaminari suggested. Yuna looked up at him to find him smirking at her.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head as Sero spoke, "You really did get lucky. With all these requirements, the teachers aren't making this easy on us."

"We can't really blame them," Ojiro said from his spot at the table across from Shoji. "Unlike the internships, we'll be directly involved, so if anything were to go wrong then-"

"Then the pros have to take responsibility for whatever happened," Aizawa interrupted, suddenly appearing in the room.

"Oh, hey, Mr. Aizawa," Kaminari greeted, standing up straight so he was no longer leaning over Yuna when Aizawa looked over at them. Yuna flushed as she recalled Aizawa telling them off for "flirting" in class the other day. It was Kaminari's fault for asking a dumb question, Yuna couldn't help but take the opportunity to tease him.

"Only pros who're the real deal will take on rookies like you guys, knowing the risks involved," Aizawa explained, glancing at the couple before looking at Tokoyami and announcing he was offered a work-study with Hawks. Then, after Tokoyami accepted the offer, he told Kirishima that Amajiki was looking for him and that Nejiri wanted to see Uraraka and Tsuyu. He told them they could see them tomorrow before leaving, but Kirishima, Uraraka, and Tsuyu determined they didn't want to wait and left for the third-years' dorm.

"I changed my mind from what I said the other day, I'm so jealous of you guys," Kaminari mumbled with a sigh, returning to leaning against the couch behind Yuna and dropping his head onto her shoulder.

"You're going to have to be the one helping me keep up with schoolwork," Yuna said, causing Kaminari to raise his head in alarm. "Amethyst's agency isn't exactly close. I may end up missing some days in class. And the last thing I want to do is fall behind."

"Don't you tutor Kaminari right now? I'm not sure flipping those roles will help you stay caught up." Sero said.

"As insulted as I am by that, he's unfortunately right. How do you expect me to teach you stuff when I'll barely be able to keep up myself?" Kaminari questioned.

"I could always help you study during Azumi's absence," Iida offered, earning a shrug from Kaminari.

"All I'll need you to do is keep me updated on what you guys are working on," Yuna told Kaminari as she turned in her seat on the couch so she didn't have to strain to look up at him. "I've taught myself tons of stuff. And I'll find the time for it."

"That's probably the best you'd get anyways," Kaminari muttered, refusing to meet Yuna's eyes. She smiled softly as she ruffled his hair.

"The world is so unfair," Mineta grumbled, earning a glare from Yuna and an eye roll from Kaminari.

"Anyways, speaking of homework, I've got some stuff to do. I'm going to Amethyst's agency tomorrow, so I won't have a lot of time." Yuna announced, standing from the couch. "See you all later."

* * *

"You've got to be kidding me."

Yuna couldn't help the words from slipping past her lips as Rika turned and the two girls locked eyes. It suddenly dawned on her how Amethyst had been able to convince the school to let her work at her agency. Alongside good connections, she already had a student working at her agency, even if that student wasn't from UA. Yuna had completely forgotten Amethyst mentioning that a second-year Ketsubutsu would also be doing a work-study at her agency. Yuna could imagine Amethyst using the fact that Rika would be working with her as well to convince Nezu to let Yuna do the same.

"Uh, I'll take it the two of you know each other," Amethyst said as she glanced between the two girls. "And it seems you're not very fond of each other?"

Rika's face morphed from displeased shock to a cheery smile, "Oh not at all. Me and Yuna actually used to go to school together. We used to be close. Can you believe that?"

"Used to be," Yuna clarified, still glaring at Rika.

Amethyst looked at the two girls as they glared at each other and let out a long sigh, "This is going to be quite something."

-Author Note-

Rika has returned! And we're getting onto the plot of this arc! This is actually going to be the last arc of this story, at least until the anime ends. Then I might do something again, but I don't know. For now, though, this is the last arc I have planned. I'm very excited about this arc. We're going to finally explore more of Yuna's family and Yuna's going to reconnect with her old friend. I'm not going to give too much away, but this arc is going to mostly contain original stuff. I don't want Yuna to be involved in the Overhaul stuff and this arc is in place of that. Hopefully, since it is mostly original, it'll be easier to write. But we'll see.

Anyways, I hope you're all excited for the final arc of this story, and have a great day!

-Starlight