Chapter 67

Yuna let out a sigh as she fell onto her bed in her room. They were dismissed from school not long ago and Present Mic's classes always wore her out. She never found his classes too difficult, he was just loud and that was a bit much for her sometimes. So she went up to her room not long after they made it back to the dorms. It was only their first day back in class yet Yuna felt exhausted. The summer was spent mostly only worrying about hero training and normal school stuff had been placed on the back burner. Now she had to find her balance again.

There was a knock at her door as she moved to her desk to start studying. She sighed as she got up, having a feeling she knew who it was. And when she opened the door, she found she was right as Kaminari was standing there with a sheepish smile, a few notebooks in his hands, "Hey, do you think you could help me out with the English stuff from today."

"You've got more than just your English books with you," Yuna commented as she moved out of the way so he could walk in.

"I just have a few questions with other stuff, it's not like it's anything major," Kaminari said as he sat down on her bed for a minute while she pulled out her folding table. Then he set the books on the table and moved to the floor. "The English stuff I don't get at all, but everything else is just little things."

"Sure," Yuna replied, rolling her eyes as she sat down on the other side of the table after grabbing her own notebooks. Kaminari puffed out his cheeks and Yuna smiled, "What are you having trouble with?"

Kaminari gave her an annoyed look and Yuna let out a laugh, knowing it meant he needed help with everything. The study sessions were relatively frequent since they moved into the dorms. Kaminari often needed help with something and if he didn't, he would still sometimes come to her room and watch a movie or play a game with her. Yuna didn't mind at all, she enjoyed his company, and helping him study helped her learn the stuff better too.

Yuna spent the next few hours with Kaminari in her room. They studied for probably half the time before Kaminari's brain began to shut down and Yuna thought it was time for them to take a break. That ended in Kaminari snatching Yuna's laptop off her desk and sitting on her bed as he pulled up a movie. Yuna stood up and offered to get popcorn, before walking out of the room and down to the kitchen.

She found a bag of popcorn and put it in the microwave before finding a bowl and setting it on the counter. She let out a sigh as the popping filled the somehow quiet common room. The only person there beside her was Bakugo, who was wiping down counters. Yuna guessed most of them had gone to their rooms to study or Bakugo had kicked them all out.

As the popcorn microwaved, Yuna watched Bakugo as he cleaned. He noticed her staring and looked up at her with a glare, "What?"

"Nothing," Yuna muttered, her eyes dropping to the floor. He scoffed and Yuna let out another sigh before the microwave bleeped and she took out the bag of popcorn and put in a second one. She dumped the microwaved bag of popcorn into the big bowl she grabbed before tossing the empty bag in the trash. Then, after a minute, she did the same thing with the second bag.

"Hey, Azumi," Bakugo said sudden as she was about to grab the bowl of popcorn and go back up to her room.

Yuna stared at him, startled by the quiet and calm tone, "Yeah?"

"After everything that happened in Kamino," Bakugo started hesistantly, not looking up from the counter he was whipping down, "did you ever think it you were responsible for All Might's retirement?"

"Responsible for his retirement? What do you mean?" Yuna questioned, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Just," Bakugo took a breath, "did you think that if you hadn't been caught by the villains then All Might wouldn't've had to fight that big boss villain and would still have all his power?"

Yuna watched him for a second before her eyes fell to the ground, "Not... really. I never really thought of that. I had the stuff with Miori on my mind."

Bakugo was quiet and Yuna looked back at him. He had stopped whipping the counter and was starting at the counter with an intense look. She wasn't sure what was going on in his head and she knew she wasn't going to figure it out.

"Does this have to do with why you fought Midoriya?" Yuna asked. When Bakugo didn't answer after a second, she added, "What's going on with you two?"

"Deku got stronger and it pissed me off," Bakugo growled, glaring at the counter. He finally looked up at her and he looked to be back to his usual self, but he did a double take before speaking, "Is that Pikachu's hoodie?"

Yuna stared at him for a second as her face heated up. Then she looked away and stuffed her hands in the hoodie's pockets. She had snatched the hoodie from Kaminari when she had gone to his room one day and he didn't seem to mind too much when she took that and eventually more, "Yeah. So what?"

"You two are idiots," Bakugo commented with an eye roll.

"Whatever. Why don't you get back to cleaning?" Yuna resorted, earning a scoff from Bakugo before he did go back to cleaning.

Yuna let out a sigh as she grabbed the bowl of popcorn and made her way back up to her room, glancing back at Bakugo before she took the elevator to the third floor. It was such a random exchange she didn't really know what to think of it. The few days after the Kamino incident, Yuna had talked to Bakugo a bit about everything over text, but she mostly complained about her problems and he gave very minimal responses. Whenever she thought she was bothering him, she'd mention something about it and he'd say he didn't care and she kept going. But he never really talked much about how he was feeling after the whole thing aside from little comments. Even when she asked, he was very vague about things. Clearly it was on his mind and stayed on his mind until now. His question caught her really off-guard and she really hadn't thought of the incident in that way.

But Bakugo blaming himself for All Might's retirement felt both like him and unlike him at the same time. She didn't really understand it, but she just found it weird to see him so affected by things. Bakugo was always really self confident; hearing him indirectly doubt himself by questioning if he was to blame for All Might's retirement was just weird to her.

"Finally, you're back," Kaminari greeted with a smile when she entered her room. Yuna smiled back and her worries about Bakugo and his and Midoriya's fight completely left her mind as she sat down on the bed next to him with the bowl of popcorn in her lap. Kaminari told her what movie he picked out before the two of them spent the next two hours watching it while snacking on popcorn.

-Author Note-

I can not tell you what this chapter is. I thought of the tiny interaction between Yuna and Bakugo, since I think they're friends at this point. I feel like their development is really weird because Yuna's middle school life is half non-existant in my mind. But either way, I don't know if Bakugo was even in character for that interaction and I think I forced it in a bit, but oh well. This chapter was something I just threw together because I didn't want to get into the big three stuff and work studies just yet.

I also wanted to do some stuff with Kaminari and Yuna because they're relationship is super in the background of the story and I just want to add some stuff to it. In my mind, they have a super wholesome relationship and are just really chill with each other, but I don't know how much I've expressed that in the story. I'm not that upset that I have their relationship in the background, because that just works better for the story and their relationship essentially works as character development for Yuna. But if I had more space for it, I'd include a lot more. But when the story ends, I have some bonus chapters planned and there will definitely be more opportunities for stuff then. But I think in the future, Kaminari's role is gonna be to keep Yuna from losing her mind too much over stuff and I think that works for them.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this slightly filler chapter that I threw together. I did enjoy putting down the anime for one chapter before I go back to it. But I hope you all have a great day!

-Starlight