Chapter 45

After Kaminari had reluctantly let Yuna go inside her house and left, she was asked by her mom for a summary of what happened. Yuna gave her a short summary and earned a few teasing comments from Hina that made Yuna flustered every time. When Yuna finished talking with her mom, she heated up a bowl of leftover ramen and took it downstairs to her room. She changed into a slightly large shirt and pajama pants before eating and reviewing every part of her date with Kaminari in her mind. It had been the most fun she'd had in a long time. Being around Kaminari was just so relaxing and made her feel like she could just be herself. Whenever he was around, the room just seemed to brighten. Not to mention the bright smile of his that always made her feel warm inside.

But soon, a few days passed and Yuna found herself standing with the rest of her classmates at the front of the school as Aizawa started talking.

"Now that you've finished your first semester, it's time for summer vacation to officially begin," Aizawa said. "However, don't think these will be months of rest for you heroes in training. At this camp, we'll push you to go beyond your limits. You're aiming to become plus ultra."

"Yes sir!" The class replied before everyone broke off into groups.

"This is gonna be awesome," Sero started. Yuna was standing next to Kaminari in a small group with him, Sero, Bakugo, and Kirishima.

"Yeah," Yuna agreed, a small smile on her face. "I'm especially excited to get away from my parents for a week."

"Yeah, only because they force you to actually relax," Kaminari replied, earning an annoyed huff from Yuna.

"That and my dad's been overly busy at work and I heard my mom complaining about this new guy they hired. I love my parents, but when they start complaining about work, they'll go on forever." Yuna said with a sigh.

"Where do your parents work?" Kirishima questioned.

"My dad's a police officer and my mom owns a restaurant," Yuna answered.

"Your mom owns a restaurant!" Kirishima exclaimed, earning a slightly confused nod from Yuna. "That must be awesome! Is she a good cook?"

"Well, yeah, it'd be weird if she wasn't," Yuna replied, Kaminari nodding in agreement since he had gotten to eat her food before. "It's called Lunar Dining. It's the one that pretty much has a planetarium on the second floor. And you can almost never get seats on the second floor because it's always reserved. I've helped my mom out there a few times but I've been so busy lately I haven't even gotten to visit."

"So you know how to cook too?" Kaminari asked, earning a nod from Yuna. "That's awesome."

"Knowing how to cook isn't that big of an accomplishment," Bakugo growled, earning a glare from Yuna.

"Oh yeah, because I'm sure you're a great cook," Kaminari retorted sarcastically.

"I know how to cook!" Bakugo yelled. "It's not even that hard!"

"He's not wrong," Yuna mumbled with a sigh.

"The one time I tried to cook I nearly started a fire," Kaminari muttered.

"Well that's good to know," Yuna replied. "I'll make sure to remember to never let you anywhere near a stove."

"Hey!" Kaminari exclaimed, sounding embarrassed. Yuna just rolled her eyes with a smile on her face.

Their attention was drawn away from their conversation when Iida called for everyone's attention, "Class A, our bus is here! Everyone line up in seating order!"

Yuna got on the bus with the rest of her class, ending up with an aisle seat next to Kaminari. Almost immediately after the bus started moving, chaos filled it as everyone started talking and goofing off. Kaminari had asked her if she wanted to watch more of the show they had started watching on their date, to which Yuna replied with a yes before being handed an earbud. Yuna was somehow able to hear the show overall Iida's yelling from the seat behind her and was supplied with snacks from Mina, who was sitting in the seat next to her, across the aisle.

After about an hour or two - six episodes of the show - the bus had stopped and Yuna was one of the last people off the bus. She let out a yawn and stretched her arms as she stood with the rest of her class on a pull-off area that overlooked a forest.

"Finally, I needed off that bus," Kaminari said, earning a nod of agreement from Yuna.

"This isn't much of a rest area," Kirishima stated from just a few feet away from her.

"Yeah," Jiro agreed. "And where's class b?"

"You don't really think we stopped here just so you could stretch your legs, do you?" Aizawa questioned, earning a few gasps from the class. Yuna started to get the uneasy feeling she always did whenever Aizawa was planning something.

The doors of the car that had been parked there before the bus pulled in opened and two ladies dressed in hero costumes that had cat features stepped out. Yuna didn't recognize either of them but could tell they were pro-heroes.

"Heya, Erasure," the one with a red outfit greeted.

"Long time no see," Aizawa replied with a small bow.

"Your feline fantasies are here! Say meow!" the one in red started.

Yuna looked at her with confusion that only increased when the one in blue said, "Purrfectly cute and cat-like girls!"

"You can call us, the Wild Wild Pussycats!" The two finished together, ending in a pose.

"These are the pros you'll be working with during the summer training camp," Aizawa said.

"They're a four-person hero team who specialize in mountain rescues!" Midoriya started, Yuna not surprised in the slightest that he was the only person who knew the two pro heroes. "The Pussycats were founded when we were kids, like forever ago! This marks their twelfth year working as a-"

Midoriya was cut off when the blue one, Pixie-bob shoved a paw in his face, "I'm pretty sure you're math must be off. I'm eighteen at heart."

That's kinda sad. Yuna thought to herself.

"Everyone, say hello," Aizawa instructed.

"Hello. Nice to meet you." The class greeted together.

"We own this whole stretch of land out here, everything you can see. The summer camp you're staying at is there," Mandalay said as she pointed toward the forest, "at the base of the mountain."

"Uh, then why did we stop all the way up here," Uraraka asked, Yuna feeling her sense of unease was once again right.

"I'm afraid we both know the answer to that," Tsu replied.

"Um, back on the bus, quick," Sero said, turning back toward the bus. "Let's go."

"Good idea," Kaminari agreed, a nervous smile on his face as he put a hand on Yuna's shoulder. "Load up."

"I think it's probably too late for us," Yuna replied, a rising sense of dread filling her.

"The time is currently 9:30 in the morning. If you're fast about it, you might make it there by noon." Mandalay said, fully confirming Yuna and everyone else's thoughts. The class started to run back to the bus, Kaminari dragging Yuna with him by the hand even though she was sure he knew there was no saving them. "Kitties who don't make it there by 12:30 won't get any lunch."

"You should've guessed, students," Aizawa started as Pixie-bob appeared in front of the class and stopped their run to the bus. "The training camp has already begun."

The ground beneath them suddenly rumbled before the class was swept off the side of the cliff by Pixie-bob's quirk.

"Good news!" Yuna heard Mandalay yell from above her. "Since this is private land you can use your quirks as much as you want! You've got three full hours. You should be able to make it to the camp in that time. That is, if you can get through the beasts' forest."