Chapter 4

Yuna walked off the bus with the other examinees. They stood in front of a large gate that led into the battle center while waiting for further instructions. Yuna took a few deep breaths, preparing herself for what was going to happen next. Using her quirk repeatedly like she was about to would no doubt take a heavy toll on her, but she was prepared for that. She would focus on finding large groups of robots or ones that would give her a lot of points before using her quirk. She couldn't use it in frequent short bursts, that would be worse than using it for a long amount of time. So Yuna decided to keep whatever constellation she summoned out for a minute or two, doing whatever she could with it before getting rid of it when she was sure that there were no more robots near her.

"Right, let's start!" Present Mic announced out of nowhere. A few people looked around, confused, but Yuna was with the crowd that just staring charging ahead. She needed every second she could get.

Yuna headed toward the middle of the area where she figured most of the robot villains were. Most of the other applicants were heading there as well, and most of them were much faster than Yuna.

When she had thought she had gone far enough, Yuna separated from the crowd to find some of the robots for herself. She didn't even need to take two steps before a faux villain came rolling around a corner.

Yuna glanced at the number on the robot and saw a large 2 written on it. Not far behind it, another robot, this one worth one point, came wheeling around. Yuna took a deep breath and drew the Leo constellation in the air in front of her. The floating lights converged and the lion charged at the two robots, smashing them into each other. Yuna made sure the robots were finished off by making the lion bite off their heads.

Two more robots were now rolling toward her and Yuna had little time to react to the two three-pointers coming up behind her. It was pure luck that she had managed to get the lion to jump around her quickly enough to charge into them and rip off their heads too.

Yuna backed herself against a wall. If she didn't have to worry about any faux villains coming up behind her, she would be in a much better position. A few more robots came by and Yuna used the lion to quickly get rid of them.

After getting 13 points, Yuna let the lion fade away and moved on to the next area. She didn't have to go very far before running into more faux villains. Only this time, they were surrounding a terrified-looking girl. Yuna quickly drew the Aries constellation and a starry ram charged, head first, at the robots. The ram crashed into the first robot and hit the circle of them that was surrounding the girl.

Once all the four robots were destroyed, the ram immediately vanished and Yuna started to feel a headache coming on. She ignored it and walked up to the girl.

"Are you alright?" Yuna asked, holding her hand out.

The girl took it and Yuna helped her to her feet, "Yes, thank you."

"No problem," Yuna waved to the girl before running off to find more villains.

Around four and a half minutes later, Yuna had around 40 points. She had lost the exact count around taking down at least 20 of the robots. She started to get exhausted and her headache had been worsening. But she wasn't about to give up. She could go for another half an hour like this before giving up, she would survive five minutes.

A sudden rumble in the ground stole Yuna's attention from the two-point robot her lion, which she had summoned again, was attacking. It disappeared right as it tore off the faux villain's head. Yuna cursed under her breath for losing her focus, but still looked around to see what caused the rumbling. A large dust cloud had appeared not too far away from where Yuna was standing. She heard a series of screams before she saw the large green robot. It was the zero-point robot.

Yuna stared, wide-eyed at the mountain of a robot. How did they expect anyone to take that thing on? Yuna noticed a few people running past her and snapped out of her little trance. She turned around and ducked into an alley. It was best to not get distracted by the giant robot and focus on getting more points.

"Two minutes remaining!" Present Mic's video announced from somewhere.

Yuna felt panic flood her. Only two minutes left. She had to hurry. If she failed this then what would have been the point of all that training?

Yuna shook her head to clear her thoughts. She had to focus. A three-point villain had spotted her and was now charging at her. Yuna stopped moving and quickly drew the big dipper constellation. A large drizzle bear appeared in front of her and blocked the robot's attack. Yuna winced as the bear took the hit, a sharp pain running through her body. The bear managed to crush the robot before fading.

Yuna leaned back on a wall and took a few deep breaths. At some point, her heart had started racing in her chest. Yuna took a few seconds to calm down before running off again. She didn't have much time left, so she couldn't stand around to check her breath just yet.

Yuna was able to destroy two more robots before she heard Present Mic say, "Time's up!" An alarm went off and Yuna just collapsed. She took heavy breaths as she barely held herself up. Yuna somehow pulled herself over to a wall and sat up against it. She was able to catch a glimpse of a few people running up to her before passing out.

* * *

It had been days since the UA entrance exam and Yuna hadn't gotten her test results yet. Her parents had reassured her that she was just being impatient, but Yuna couldn't help but feel like it was never going to come. She knew she must've done pretty well on the written portion of the exam, but Yuna doubted she did well enough on the practical to get into UA.

Before she lost count, Yuna had just over forty points, but after the giant zero-point robot had been released, Yuna's memories were slightly hazed over from the panicked and tired state she had been in. She couldn't remember the number of points of the robots she destroyed after that and was sure that many other examinees did much better than her.

Yuna let out a long sigh and got out of bed. She hadn't been training nearly as much as she should've been recently, but the thoughts of her not getting in were really messing with her. Her dad suggested that she train to keep her mind off it, but that didn't really work. Her mom, on the other hand, thought it was good for her to take a few days off from constantly training and tried her best to occupy Yuna in other ways, none of which worked.

"Hey, Yuna, I think you're gonna like this," Hina said when Yuna walked into the living room. Yuna looked up at her and her eyes widened when she saw an envelope in her mom's hand with the UA seal on it. "Your letter came."

Yuna took the letter from her mom and told her that she was going to open it in her room. Hina smiled and nodded before Yuna ran back down the stairs and into her room. She sat down at the desk and set the letter down. This was it. She either failed or passed.

Taking a deep breath, Yuna picked the envelope up again and carefully opened it. She pulled out a letter and a small metal disk. Yuna stared at it for a minute before placing it down on her desk and a projection of All Might appeared.

"Hello, young Azumi," The projection of All Might greeted with his signature grin. Yuna looked up at the protection. The last time she checked, All Might wasn't working at UA, but maybe something changed. "The truth is, I didn't just come to this city to fight crime. You're looking at the newest UA faculty member." All Might said, confirming Yuna's suspicions, "Now, you did very well on both the written and practical part of the exam. You passed the written exam with flying colors and managed to score 56 points on the practical. Not only that but there was an additional scoring system that awarded points to those who performed heroic acts. Young Azumi, you have earned 10 rescue points!"

A scoreboard appeared on the protection and Yuna stared at it in disbelief. She hadn't even excepted to get in, let alone be in the top five. The scoreboard disappeared after a minute and All Might finished his speech, "Congratulations, Yuna Azumi, and welcome to the Hero Academia."

The protection shut off and Yuna smiled. She had made it. She was going to UA High and she was going to prove everyone who ever doubted her wrong.