Observing Pihu's slight retreat from Veer, a sense of contentment filled Rudra. However, a pang of hurt struck his heart as he witnessed the fleeting smile on her face vanish, replaced by a palpable tension. The shift did not escape Rudra's notice; he keenly perceived the fear that prompted her to distance herself from Veer.

Demanding an explanation, Rudra asked Veer, "What are you talking about with Pearl, Veer?" Veer, maintaining composure, replied, "Oh, nothing. I just brought cake for Pihu; we were simply enjoying it, nothing else."

In an effort to redirect attention, Veer reached for the files on the table, handing them over to Rudra. "These are the files you asked me to bring, and they need your signature," he explained, attempting to shift the focus back to the intended purpose of his visit.

Rudra's eyes scanned the files Veer handed over as he signed them. He then turned to Veer and inquired, "Is all the important work done? I don't want any interruption during the trip." Veer assured, "Yes, everything is done. You guys can leave the day after tomorrow."

Pihu, perched on the edge of the sofa, looked at them with confusion. Her eyes, usually guarded around Rudra, held a flicker of vulnerability now. He realized the question hanging unspoken in the air. Rudra smiled, explaining, "Yes, Pearl, we are leaving for our honeymoon." The unexpected revelation left Pihu surprised, her emotions shifting rapidly from tension to a frowned formed on her face.

Pihu's anger surged as she exclaimed, "How do you think I will go anywhere with you, especially on a honeymoon?" The unexpected announcement clashed with her feelings, and the prospect of a romantic trip with Rudra ignited frustration and resistance within her.

With those words, she left the room, leaving behind a tense atmosphere. Veer's eyes showed sympathy for both of them, recognizing the pain each was experiencing in their own way. Despite his sympathy, Veer sternly advised Rudra, "Be patient and don't hurt her, okay? Or you will have to face me."

Rudra managed a small smile at Veer's words, nodding in acknowledgment. As Veer left, Rudra moved towards Pihu, who was making her way to the garden. He called out, "Stop, Pihu." Ignoring his plea, she continued, but Rudra signaled the guards to block her path.

Letting out a sigh at his persistent behavior, Pihu changed her direction and started moving towards her room. Rudra, undeterred, followed closely behind, catching her hand and saying, "I want to talk to you, Pearl." The tension in the air thickened, setting the stage for a conversation that had been long overdue.

Overwhelmed with emotions, Pihu's patience broke, and tears streamed down her face as she exclaimed, "I don't want to listen to anything from you. Please leave me alone. Are you not satisfied by forcing me into marriage and taking all freedom from me?"

With those words, she jerked her hand away from Rudra's grip and ran to their room, crying hysterically. The weight of built-up emotions was finally escaping, and she found solace in the privacy. However, the turmoil within her led her to contemplate the idea that ending her life might be an easier escape.

Rudra, left standing alone, was confronted with the raw intensity of Pihu's emotions. He knew he had to address the deep-seated issues between them, and he hoped to bring positive change, especially for her sake.

Rudra moved towards their room and knocked on the door, saying, "Pearl, open the door." When he didn't get any response, he instructed a maid to bring the keys. Entering the room and unlocking the door, he found her chest heaved like a bellows on fire, each breath a searing struggle against the tide of grief that threatened to drown her..

Calmly, he moved towards her, calling her name, "Pearl, please don't cry." Pihu remained unresponsive, so he gently sat beside her on the bed, bringing her onto his lap with her back against his chest. Softly, he pleaded, "Please don't cry," as he tried to her offer comfort.

Pihu, like a wounded child, began to voice her grievances, momentarily forgetting that he was the source of her torment. "What did I do wrong to you? Why are you treating me like this? All I wanted was a simple life, but you brought me into this dangerous world of yours. And it's not just that; you want me to be your obedient doll. I should dress according to your wishes, I can't talk to my parents, I can't go out as I wish, I can't have friends, I can't even talk to people without fearing you, and I can't work."

She struggled in his firm hold, attempting to break free, but Rudra held her tight, silently bearing the weight of her accusations. His touch, initially comforting, get tighten its hold on her as he realized the depth of pain he had caused his beloved Pearl. In his obsession, possessiveness, and insecurity, he had inadvertently inflicted profound wounds upon her, becoming blinded by the madness of his love.

Pihu continued, her voice strained with anguish, "If you want me, just take me here. Why do we need to go on some trip? The last thing I have left that keeps me sane is my dignity. Take that too, but remember, it will be the last piece of my soul left in your dark world."

Upon hearing Pihu's words, Rudra understood the gravity of her thoughts. His intentions were never to bring her to this point, and his vulnerability surfaced as he struggled with a tight throat, saying, "You think like this about me, Pearl. But I promise you before that I will not touch you without your consent."

He continued, "I just want to spend some time developing this relationship and give you a semblance of normalcy. I know the way I forced you into this marriage has always hurt you, but I will try to change. My first change will be this mobile phone for you; I already saved the numbers of your family and your friend Shivani, which I bought yesterday. But, as usual, you are determined to ignore me, so I am unable to give it to you."

Pihu's crying stopped, but she continued to sob. It was the first time she felt sincerity in Rudra's apology. Previously, he had attempted to apologize, but it often ended with his obsessive words. This time, his actions seemed to accompany the vulnerability in his words.

Despite this, she remained silent, unsure of what to say. She knew she couldn't easily believe him, and even if she accepted his apology, accepting the entire relationship seemed impossible. Rudra placed the phone beside them on the bed.

Feeling Pihu calm down a bit, Rudra lovingly kissed her on the head just above her hair. He then fetched a glass of water from the side table and gently made her drink it. Thirsty from all her crying, Pihu took small sips. Rudra understood that he wouldn't get an immediate response from her, as usual, unless he forced her.

However, from now on, he didn't want to resort to force. He desired her willingness and was determined to change himself for that purpose. Rudra was ready to navigate the delicate balance between love and obsession, walking the tightrope to ensure she stayed willingly. He knew he couldn't let her go and was committed to making her choose to stay of her own accord.

.

.

.

.

To be continued......

Wishing to you all Happy New Year. May these year will bring happiness and success to you all.