THREE

Coming up the stair of the cellar, we bump right into Jo and Daniel, who seemed to be waiting for the both of us.

Jo looks at me weirdly as I pass by her and go straight to Daniel's side, his arm sliding right over my shoulder.

"Are you hungry?" I ask him, looking up at him while his arm is pulling me closely to his side.

He isn't looking at me though, he's busy staring at Tony and Jo, who I notice aren't saying much and barely greeted each other.

I don't know, sone couples are like that and I know Daniel and I are a bit affectionate so I don't even think much of it.

"Daniel," I say, trying to bring his attention back to me and our conversation.

I don't even understand why he's so focused on the both of them. He's told me on multiple occasions that he didn't like Jo, and never was very nice to Tony either.

"Daniel," I repeat.

His head finally flies over to me and he looks at me, his brows a little tight as if he was thinking deeply.

"Yes baby?"

"I asked if you were hungry," I reiterated, a bit annoyed that he was so out of it for no reason.

I'd only left him with Jo for like ten, maybe fifteen minutes. I don't get why he's even paying them any mind.

It's just unusual.

"Yeah, I haven't eaten since this morning," He starts.

He stops because the loud conversation Jo and Tony were holding takes the both of our attention away.

"Okay, then let's go, Jo," Tony responds, trying to stay quiet.

It's obviously a bit heated, seeing how Jo's face is twisted up and turning a bit red. Her arms were folded and Tony was quiet, as usual.

Jo only gets louder, seeing that he didn't react to her, "No, Tony, you're a weirdo,"

Tony runs his hands through his hair, breathing out a deep, heavy breath.

Quickly, he says, "Jo, shut the fuck up, seriously,"

My jaw drops.

Literally.

I've never seen him speak to anyone like that, much less a woman. But he doesn't even regret saying it, and I can tell by the way he just stares at her with no emotion.

I pull on Daniel's hand, trying to motion to him that we should step out. Like now.

"Excuse me?" Jo sputters back.

Looking at her, she's just as shocked as everyone else is that he talked to her like that. She can barely put her words together.

"You're yelling and you think my grandparents can't hear you from over here?" Tony harshly questions her.

She shuts her mouth closed, not even trying to reply or argue back. It's because she knows she's wrong.

We weren't far from the dining room at all. And sound travels pretty fast in a big ass house like this.

She must feel dumb.

He adds, "You were so adamant over making a good impression but look at what you're doing,"

"Guys," I speak over them, trying to cool the situation, "You cannot keep arguing over a family dinner like this,"

Hearing the sound of heels clicking, we all turned to watch my mother round the corner, a glass of wine in her hand.

Coupled upOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara