TWO

As soon as we got there, the twins jumped out the car and had run up the driveway. Damn, I thought I was excited to eat.

Daniel and I let everybody walk further in front of us, while we lagged a bit back, talking amongst ourselves.

By the time we made it up the driveway, my mom was out of breath and ready to take her heels off and smack them against my dads head.

Midway through their little fued, she turns to Daniel and asks, "You met Cecily, right?"

Considering Cece was around more than my blood relatives, there's no way he hadn't met her and as far as I knew, she didn't have much to say about him.

I look to Cece for a lot of advice since my mom is a lot less like me and I relate to her a bit more. So when it comes to things like this, I care deeply.

The first time they met, she said he wasn't bad. Which is something new on the scoreboard shed given my last boyfriends.

It gave me hope that we could actually last.

"Yeah,"

"But not the other demon spawns?" My mom was quick with that, leaving the rest of us cackling at the description.

"No ma'am, I can't say that I have," He responds, trying to hide the smalls smirk on his face.

I smile at him, leaning into his side and he throws his arm around me, laughing a little bit.

"Just make sure they keep the door open so we can run after they start singing in renaissance or some shit," My mom mutters, more to herself before reaching up and banging on the door one last time.

"Mom, you sound more like Cece everyday," Destiny, the younger one of the twins says.

She wasn't shy, but she was a bit quiet. So when she talked, it kind of mind boggled you everytime because you never exactly knew what to expect.

She kind of was like my mom but a less talkative version, you know.

"That's what I said!" My dad exclaims, clapping his hands on my little sisters shoulders and laughing loudly.

"You need a diet," I add on, already having something horrible cringey but murky funny to say.

"A Cece diet?" My mom questions, quite literally taking the word right out of my fucking mouth.

I scoff, "No just a diet,"

Everybody starts laughing while my mom just mocks us, trying to talk over the hysterics.

"Good one," My Dad hyped me up, just laughing in my moms face without a care in the world.

She slaps him and he immediately stops, coming back to reality and giving me a dirty look. I watch my mom nod her head, smirking.

The door finally swings open and Cecily just looks at us, her lips pursed up in disapproval.

She starts, "Look at y'all screaming outside in a white ass neighborhood,"

My mom throws her hands up, brushing past her bestfriend and not even paying her complaints no mind, "You werent letting us in, Cecily,"

Ignoring the background noise, I turn to Daniel, who has been a bit quiet in front of my family.

He's usually quiet but in front of my family he gets really shy, which sucks because we banter a lot, I don't want him to think he's left out.

"I forgot how much I miss hanging out with your family," He sighs, letting out a measurable amount of relief in that breath.