FIFTEEN

Even though he said he couldn't sit three hours in silence, he sure enough did. While I worked around the shop, he sat at the bar, silently studying.

Every now and then he would interrupt me for some help on his work, even though it seemed like he already knew what he was doing.

Nonetheless, the three hours flew by and soon enough it was just the two of us in the shop, since my coworker had left me to close.

I placed the last of the chairs on top of the tables as Tony swept the whole area. I most definitely did force him to help so we could get it done quicker.

The bathrooms, kitchen, rooms, and table were done and I walked over to the bar, wiping it down one last time before packing up my things.

When Tony was done, he began to pack up his schoolwork, muttering to himself.

"Did you finish?" I ask him, glancing down at his worksheet.

Tony continues shoving his things into his bag, a little too excited to get out of here, as if he was the one working.

He responds, sharply, "I had three hours of nothingness. I'm not even high anymore,"

He throws his bookbag over his shoulder, his hand dropping down to me, waiting for me to place my own bag in his hand.

I reach over the bar, pulling my tote bag from the opposite side before handing it to him as he had asked, silently.

This was nothing new, he would usually carry my bags everywhere we went.

"You had to get it together," I announce, hugging as my heavy bag is dropped into his hand.

Even though it was heavy for me, he sling it across his shoulder like it weighed less than a feather.

He picks his phone up from the counter, along with his keys.

"We can go now, right?" He asks, just before he turns around, ready to leave.

My phone dings, bringing my attention from him to the device. When I open up my phone, it is a message from my mom.

I sigh at the message, quickly sending one back and within seconds, I get an answer, that only makes me roll my eyes.

I tell Tony, slightly annoyed, "I have to take my little sisters to dance practice,"

I wasn't mad that my mom is making me take my sisters to their plans for the night, I was mad that she didn't ask me and just told me I had to do it.

She had no idea whether or not I had plans for the night and she could've been way better with her planning so that she could've taken the girl herself if it was truly this important.

Besides, my family has plenty of workers so that me being an option to pick up the girls should've been a last resort.

Either she was doing this on purpose, or something was wrong. And I didn't like the lack of communication on MY schedule.

"I'll go with you," Tony offers, mindlessly.

I groan, making my way to the door and he follows, checking the places behind us to make sure we didn't leave anything.

I wait for him at the door, as he searches around quickly before meeting me there.

"I don't want to drive," I state, kind of bratty, I will admit it.

But I don't like driving if I don't absolutely have to. I drove myself to work and that was enough for me.

"When have you ever driven me?" He shoots back, rhetorically.

Coupled upOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara