SIX

Back at my house, we were all in my family room. All of my family was here, the adults in the next room over but the rest of us were chilling around the room.

A few of my younger cousins were busy playing with just dance and in rummaging through the toy box.

Really all I could think about is the fact that I'm going to bed as soon as possible when everybody leaves because I'm not cleaning up.

The clean up is never really that bad until we get to the family room. These kids were ruthless. I think because they weren't used to big homes and all these options, my house was like a party house to them.

But anyway, the rest of us were busy playing pool, sitting on the couches and watching the other TV.

There was music blasting, but honestly I was too out of it to really even focus on what was even playing.

Tony and I were spread out on the same couch, our limbs overlapped and layered on one another without a care.

I was pretty fucking high, but Tony was high as shit. And China was passed out in the corner because the walk back to mine almost killed her.

"Y'all got to get up, bruh,"

I peeked my eye open, my younger cousin by only a year or two was staring right at me, a bit crooked.

"Hold on," I respond, not even completely coherent.

"Damn, y'all really is high," Another one of my cousins, about a year old than me has chimed in.

I scrambled up, confused and defensive. I know they were aware that I smoke but I also know shit gets back to my mom very easily.

"No we not ," I deny.

They both look at each other, then back at me. I can admit that there was slight pause between all of us, knowing that I'm just lying

Gina, my younger cousin begins, "Your mom already knows. She sent me here to check on y'all,"

I run my hand over my face and I can literally feel my facade completely drop. There's no point in pretending.

"How did she know?" I ask, genuinely curious.

Usually, nobody can ever really tell when I'm high. Most of the time, because my range of personalities is wide but also because I'm almost never high in my own house.

Without a friend, at least.

"We can smell y'all through the house," Jackson, the older cousin chimes in, with a slight smirk.

I know he thinks it's funny that I'm getting caught up because this has literally never happened before.

Out of everyone in my family, the only thing I was known for was being universally loved and never causing any trouble.

Yeah, that came to an end today.

"Shit," I cuss, quietly, "Is dinner done?"

Just in time, my stomach growled and I looked around the room, realizing everyone had a plate in their hand.

Except for me.

I was sleep.

I turn to my side, noticing Tony passes out right next to me, his face buried into the couch and hands tucked into his shirt.

"Fat ass," My cousin muttered, but not low enough at all.

They both laugh and walk away, smacking on their food and I sigh, finally realizing how hungry I am.

Because I was tempted to smack that fucking plate out of their hands. Instead, I smack Tony on the back of his head.

"Tony,"