|𝟒𝟒| |𝐅ᴀᴍɪʟʏ 𝐃ʀᴀᴍᴀ... 𝐇ᴇʟʟᴏ, 𝐀ɢᴀɪɴ.|

Start from the beginning

"Even from a very young age," initiated the Bennett heir. "Angelique and Tatia seemed to be the object of affection for many young men... but specifically Niklaus and Elijah's." She noticed the change in the lady's stance. "Elijah certainly knew how to hide his affection for Angelique from most people, even his family, but I was quick enough to notice my girl's behaviour when she too, began developing emotions for him. You see, her family was butchered by some... evil creatures. She was raised by the very first Amazons of this world, until the age of seventeen. Then, their Queen, who had perceived her nature, demanded that Angelique should learn more about her ancestry, which sooner or later led her to me, who knew a thing or two. I took her in after that, having her by my side to learn about witchcraft and her own nature and abilities."

Alexandra was bewildered. "Wait... Angelique was my ancestor, right?" The older woman nodded her head. "Then, how do you explain that she possessed the gift of magic when no one in my bloodline is known for being a witch or a warlock?"

Ayana laughed. "Oh, no! Angelique was not a witch, dear. Pardon me for confusing you."

"Then, what was she...?"

She took her time to reply.

"She was like you, Alexandra."

"A Shadowhunter!?" The Bloodwood lady queried.

"Yes..." Mumbled the Bennett woman. "A very powerful one, I might add."

"And... what was her part in Esther's plan?" She warily enquired.

"When Esther remembered of Qetsiyah's Immortality Spell-"

"Question!" Interrupted the half-mundane. "Who's Qetsiyah?"

Ayana let a small smirk appear on her lips. "The very first Bennett witch, I told you about earlier."

"Are you serious!?" Muttered the mother of two, in utter surprise.

"Very much so," responded the witch and continued walking like what she'd told the Shadowhunter, was the most irrelevant thing in the world. "Come on. We don't have all day."

Alexandra followed her and listened to her as she continued, "As I was saying; when Esther remembered of that spell's existence, she and Mikael directly sought my help, asking me to perform it on their children, and I already told you the rest. The point is, that Esther used Tatia's blood to perform the Immortality Spell, that's why the Angel called her as a solution."

"She used the blood of a Petrova..." The Bloodwood lady started comprehending the situation. "That's why Klaus needed to kill my friend to break his curse... Because she's a Petrova herself." Ayana bowed her head, silently agreeing with her. "And what of Angelique?"

The witch knew that she had to hide the entire truth from her, once again.

"When Esther turned her children and husband into vampires - always under Mikael's orders - she wasn't aware of what beasts she had turned them into. It was already too late when she realized... After that, she was determined to find a way to make them less of... themselves." She partially illuminated. "She thought, that by creating a measure of redemption for her children... she would succeed in maintaining the humanity in their hearts and perhaps, she would redeem herself as well in the end."

"Are we certain that an Angel advised her to do all that?" Doubted the half-Cretan. "Because I might've never met one in my life, but they certainly do not act like that from what I've heard and read. Not even the Angel who created us was so generous."

"What else could it have been?" Frowned the dark-skinned female.

"I don't know, our world is full of different supernatural species," the younger brunette informed her. "Demons, Shapeshifters, Warlocks..."