|38| |𝐒ᎀᎄʀɪғɪᎄᎇ.|

𝐀ʟᴀʀɪᴄ 𝐖ᴀs 𝐎ɴ 𝐓ʜᴇ 𝐕ᴇʀɢᴇ 𝐎ғ 𝐅ᴀɪɴᴛɪɴɢ.

"What do you mean he's taken her!?"

"He took her as a measure of precaution," replied Elijah to Alaric after taking a breather. He pulled a small piece of paper out of his blazer pocket and handed it to him. "He needs to make sure I will be by his side and not against him."

The uncle read the paper's content aloud;

The little angel shall remain in one piece, only if you make the right decision and stand by my side while I'm finally riding off this curse.

Always and Forever

Niklaus.

"HE'S DEAD!" Cried Alaric and ripped the paper into pieces. "The bastard is dead! He's dying tonight!"

"Ric, relax-" Jenna made an attempt to calm him down but in vain...

"How can you even ask me, that!?" He screamed. "Alexandra is like my daughter and now he has her! Who knows what he'll do to her, no matter what he says!?"

"Niklaus could be everything but he would never act against his own word," stated Elijah and fixed his cufflinks. "And he has his own reasons for wanting Alexandra there with him."

His mind went directly to Alexandra's words, this evening...

"So, she's safe?" Murmured Caroline, in concern.

The Original nodded his head when Tyler spoke up, "So, what do we do?"

"We stick to the plan," shared Elena with everyone and looked at Elijah. "We let Klaus think that you're with him on this one and make sure our friend stays alive."

"Thank God Damon's not here," sighed the dirty-blond Salvatore. "He wouldn't have reacted calmly if he found out about this."

"The last thing I care about now, is Damon's reaction," said Alaric, gaining everyone's attention. "He's lucky that he had a good idea by going to rescue Mason and Victoria, otherwise I would be beating him to death for what he did to my niece."

"How did he find Mason and Victoria?" Spoke the Lockwood heir, angrily. "They were protected in your family's lake house, what the hell were they doing here?"

"He must've gotten them here, someway," guessed Elena. "You still haven't heard of your Mum?"

The werewolf shook his head and made to call his mother once again, going outside for privacy.

Elena followed him.

"Bonnie's still in the Old Witch House with Jeremy?" Queried Stefan and looked at his girlfriend.

"And Sheila too," added the Forbes lady with a nod. "They need to prepare for the spell."

"How is the ritual going to proceed?" Asked Jenna, in utter concern.

Elijah had no time to respond as Tyler barged into the living room, looking exactly like the Original when he came to tell them about Alexandra's abduction.