|23| |𝐃ᴏ 𝐍ᴏᴛ 𝐏ʀᴏᴠᴏᴋᴇ 𝐀 𝐂ʀᴇᴛᴀɴ. 𝐈ᴛ 𝐖ɪʟʟ 𝐍ᴏᴛ 𝐄ɴᴅ 𝐆ᴏᴏᴅ 𝐅ᴏʀ 𝐘ᴏᴜ...|

𝐌ʏsᴛɪᴄ 𝐅ᴀʟʟs 𝐇ᴏsᴘɪᴛᴀʟ.

𝐒ᴇᴇɪɴɢ 𝐂ᴀʀᴏʟɪɴᴇ 𝐖ᴀs 𝐓ʜᴇ 𝐎ɴʟʏ 𝐓ʜɪɴɢ 𝐓ʜᴀᴛ 𝐀ɪᴅᴇᴅ 𝐇ᴇʀ 𝐓ᴏ 𝐅ᴏʀɢᴇᴛ 𝐀ʙᴏᴜᴛ 𝐓ʜᴇ 𝐔ɴᴋɴᴏwɴ 𝐂ᴀʟʟᴇʀ's 𝐈ᴅᴇɴᴛɪᴛʏ.

Though she did think of someone, but it seemed rather impossible to her...

It couldn't be him...

With a bouquet of yellow roses and a pink in the middle, Alexandra walked the almost empty corridors of the hospital, letting her eyes spot Caroline's room.

Spotting the room was one thing, but what shocked the Shadowhunter most, was the person beside Caroline who lay on the bed, smiling widely.

The brunette's knuckles left a soft knock on the door, earning the attention of the two.

"Am I interrupting?" Smirked the Bloodwood, noticing Stefan straighten his posture once his green eyes met hers.

"Alexa!" Exclaimed the Forbes girl, in utter excitement. "I can't believe you came!"

The older woman rolled her eyes playfully, coming into the room. "Why do I keep hearing this? Tyler told me the same thing, just a couple of hours ago!" She sat on the other side of the bed and took the blonde's hand in her grasp. "You're my friend, Caroline, of course, I would come to see you. You got severely injured last night, I was extremely worried."

"But I'm fine now, Alexa," offered Caroline, truthfully. "Just a little sore, but okay, I promise. The doctors said that by tomorrow I'll be out and running. I'll be just in time for the surprise!"

It was when her blue-green eyes met Stefan's forest-green ones that she perceived the error of her impatient mouth.

"What surprise?" Queried Alexandra, brow-knitted.

"Um..." Trailed off Caroline, pondering for an appropriate excuse. Turning to Stefan for assistance and rapidly returning her gaze to the brunette, she detected the dried tears on Alexa's cheeks and her face relaxed, finding the perfect opportunity to change the subject. "Wait, were you crying?"

A new wave of tears made its appearance within the Nephilim's confines, forgetting about the said surprise. "Do not expect me to say that there is something in my eye! Yes, I was crying and I'm crying now as well! I'm the Mother Bitch of the group, and I have the right to cry for my children wherever I wish!"

Caroline embraced her and laughed as Stefan spoke for the first time, brows furrowed. "Mother Bitch?" Asked Stefan, impressed. "Really?"

"What?" Inquired the human, almost offended. "Don't tell me you thought of her as an angel or something!?"

Alexandra met the vampire's eyes instantly. "Her? An angel? Yeah, I don't think so." The Salvatore faked a sarcasm.

The irony, right?

"Yeah, don't get fooled by her innocent face," continued Caroline. "This lady here is the Queen of bitches; in all ways. Just don't get on her Cretan phase."

"That, I shall agree on," Alexandra was in accord with her friend's statement. "The Cretan in me always represents my bitchy side... let alone my murderous one." She winked at Caroline who giggled in response. "Oh, I almost forgot!" She picked up the bouquet she had brought and gave it to the Forbes lady, whose smile meant everything to Alexandra.

"My God, Alexa!" She expressed, shocked. "They're beautiful..."

"So are you," commented Stefan, without perceiving his impatient mouth. "She made the perfect choice."