𝟥𝟪,𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧

SURPRISINGLY enough, Newt's birthday flew by without any problems.

They ate cake, gave the boy their presents, and then just spoke all night until they noticed Newt went upstairs and Thomas suddenly seemed gone too, which wasn't shocking by now, and left a few minutes after they came back with red faces and messy hair.

Sam waited, already dressed in her suit, for Minho, who must've been admiring himself in the mirror with his ego stuck up in the air again (in a good way!!).

"Y'all sure you don't want to stay?" Thomas leaned against the wall, crossing his arms over his favorite blue shirt, then peeked outside. "It's a heavy storm. You know it's not the safest with a motorcycle."

"I think you two," Sam glared at the couple, "would love all the time alone without anyone bothering you. Minho's house is just a couple miles away from here. We'll be fine."

"Because," Minho came walking down the stairs, "I'm a master on the motor."

Man, that suit fit him so well.

Sam rolled her eyes, but smiled. "Sure you are. But thanks for the offer, T."

"Someone said tea?" Newt also joined their conversation in the hallway. Soon, he smiled, well aware it was not tea what she had been speaking about. "Alright. Have a nice ride, you guys."

"On the motor," Thomas added.

Sam's face turned bright red as Minho lifted his eyebrows, then wrapped an arm around her waist. "You have a nice night with Newt too, Thomas," he said formally.

"Thank you, Minho." The brunette scoffed under his breath. "See ya!"

Smiling, Sam stepped into the pouring rain, putting her helmet on as she did so. "Bye."

The suit was protective enough to prevent her from getting drained by the water. Soon, she sat on the back of the motor, scooted way closer to Minho than the first time they drove on this vehicle. Not because she was more scared, but because they certainly got closer through the time.

"Better hold on tight," he warned. "It's slippery. I'll try to go as slow as possible."

Sam stared at the busy road in front of them. The traffic on Saturday nights was always the worst, mostly because a lot of people went out.

"Alright." She ignored the bubble of fright in her stomach. Just the same tense feeling she always had when riding the motorcycle, but it was mostly the rain and traffic she worried about right now. "Got it."

Minho started the motor. Later, they were slowly riding between the cars, careful for the rain. She'd noticed his movements indeed were a bit shakier with the slippery ground, but with the pace they went, no danger would hit.

After all, she vaguely enjoyed the sight of the pouring rain and millions of blurred lights beside them.

Minho stopped at a traffic light, his arm reaching backward. He placed his hand on the small of her back and pulled her closer, making a movement that she immediately understood.

She held up her thumb. AKA, I'm okay, and wrapped her arms around him even tighter.

When the red light flashed to green, Minho continued riding slow-paced, careful.

Careful enough for the one behind them to get annoyed. Sam sighed once a horn made her shudder. Then, she patted Minho on his knee to let him know he was free to go faster, so this annoying car driver wouldn't bother them anymore.

He fastened. Not a lot, but the wind force changed into a stronger blow, and Sam forced all her weight on the motor so the chance of falling off would be smaller.

Another horn behind them. She could feel Minho's annoyance by the way his movements sharpened. Again, he drove faster, but it didn't please whoever drove behind them.

Sam bit her lip. Minho could speed up. It would cause more danger, but it would be fine. She didn't want a horning driver behind them the whole ride, so patted Minho on his leg again.

He sped up for the third time, now driving at the speed they normally drove. Finally, the rest of the traffic seemed pleased and they could drive in peace.

From the bigger road to a smaller one where hills and sand lay on the sides, leading to nothing more but some villages. A few more turns down the road and they would end up in her neighborhood.

As they both hoped the driver was no longer behind them, Minho slowed down at the first turn, his muscles tighter than before, even through the suit. Second turn, a horn behind them.

What was that driver's problem? Sam sighed. Couldn't people respect that they were sitting without belts and had more chances of slipping than a car had?

Minho seemed sick of it when they pressed their horn so long it lasted a full four seconds, and made a good sprint at the third turn.

Her arms clenched around him when they almost lost balance. The land beside them existed out of grass and some rocks going downhill, and the road was full of water.

Luckily, they didn't slip.

Minho didn't go that fast at the fourth turn downhill, but she could see his foot lingering on the pedal. Just in front of the last turn, an ear-hurting horn got pressed.

From complete annoyance and anger, Minho sped up to a pace that maybe was even faster than their usual pace, and slithered over the turn with a loud sound.

The motor shook across the road. Another horn rang behind them because of that, and Minho struggled holding the wheel properly. The slippery ground slid them to the edge of the road. The Asian failed to control the wheel by the sudden turn, and Sam yelped as they rushed off the road.

A loud bang under the vehicle; a stone shot in the wheel and mirrored through the whole thing, causing the motor to drive glitchy and then, stumble forward.

Sam felt two arms wrap around her body when the back of the motor lifted in the air while the front stayed in its place. Before she knew it, she could only feel wind rush beside her, but didn't see a thing.

Her eyes pressed closed automatically, unsure of the whole situation. It went too fast for her to register everything. And soon, the blackness turned permanent and she was no longer conscious.