𝟢𝟨,𝐚 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞

THE basketball had to be picked up by Sam and thrown into a boy's arms for the millionth time.

"Minho, pay attention! We're not going to win much if all you do is let go of that ball!" A frustrated coach stood watching on the side, and blew on his whistle another time. "Again!"

Now she was sure there was something wrong with Minho. Each time he caught the ball in his hands, he let go right away and his face tensed.

She glared over her book. The curiosity made her feel guilty, but she couldn't help it. Sighing, she tried to concentrate on the pages.

"Alright, that's it!! Take a break!"

Ah, three seconds later, some sweating boys stood in front of her again.

"Maybe you gotta give your boyfriend a kiss so he's motivated," Thomas hinted.

"And so he will at least play normally," Alby added.

"I don't feel the exact need to watch my sister kiss my friend, who I still refuse to believe are dating, but yeah, give him some motivation."

Hell no.

With a bright red face from embarrassment, Sam shook her head. She peeked at Minho, who drank from his water bottle in another corner. "No, not in front of everyone."

"Damn, y'all really suck as a couple." Thomas palmed his face. "Where is the spice? My life is so boring already. Now my best friend got a girlfriend and he doesn't even treat her right. Toxic!"

"Yeah, go give him a lil' kiss," even Newt encouraged. "Will give me some bloody hope in this hellhole."

"Why would watching two people kiss..." She murmured, then let go of that. "Too awkward."

"This." Jeff pointed at Sam. "Is not my sister. My sister is a girl who's life quote is 'yolo' and I don't know what has changed since you joined this school, but I'm not sure if I like it."

Okay, he had a point. Sam indeed had been way riskier last year and now that she thought about it, Jeff was very right. The last time she said yolo was at the party when she kissed Minho, and he had kissed her back... drunkly, but still.

"Fine." She got up, pushed her book in Thomas's hands, whispered a threat about cracking the spine, and then walked closer to Minho.

"Your friends gave me this advice," she told him, just like she had done at the party.

Minho raised his eyebrows. "What advice?"

She glared at the group of boys, who were watching the couple, and then triumphantly turned back to Minho. "Try not to overthink it."

Minho pulled a face after she kissed him so gently they barely touched.

"Told you, try not to overthink it."

"If you're gonna come over here and kiss me-," his eyes squinted, "-then at least make it a real kiss. 'Cause if I would compare your way of kissing to what you read—"

She cupped his face and kissed him harder than before, now moving her lips and actually touching his body as he took her waist.

"Good acting."

"You too." Slowly, she moved her lips to his ear instead of his mouth. "So now you better go try harder with basketball, 'cause I'm not doing this again today."

He crooked a smile. "Tomorrow, then?"

The urge to slap the back of his head was big, but she didn't do it. "Funny, Minho."