37

[Chapter 37]

A WEEK LATER

Lethokuhle
Lizwi and I sorted things out and we got back together. He has been throwing hints about marriage and I'm not about to entertain those hints unless he really takes action and asks me straight up. Melody is still with me, Sqalo couldn't be happier and since it's holidays even Fana was here. Lizwi came to fetch him yesterday because he had to go to his home, to visit his grandmother. I have visited Lwande in the hospital for about three times and the doctors say he will make it, his situation is improving. I may not like the man but he fathers my child and has a daughter that needs him too especially with her mother AWOL.

Sqalo: "weThotho. I want to see brownie."

Me: "We will call her later."

Sqalo: "No, I want her here and baba." I sigh.

Melody: "Yes Thotho, and papas too." I have learned that Papas is actually Uncle Nsizwa.

Me: "Tell you what, why don't we go see Mkhuluza first then go to Papas."

Sqalo: "Is baba there?"

Me: "Baba went somewhere to work so he can have money to buy you guys nice things."

Melody: "Okay."

Sqalo: "Okay. I want a bicycle when he comes back." I giggle nodding.

***
I dropped the two off at my father's house, they were going to spend the day with him and mam'Fez. Dad and mam'Fez seem to have gotten back together. I'm currently driving to Lizwi's office, i'll be having lunch with him then I will pass by the hospital to see Lwande.

Receptionist: "Hi, how are you?" she greets cheerfully.

Me: "Hello. I'm here for Mr Majola."

Receptionist: "Are you Miss Mdlalose?" I nod smiling.

Me: "Yes."

Receptionist: "Okay. Please follow me." she said smiling. I follow her to the elevator, she presses the 7th floor when the elevator closes. It pings open and we both walk out.

Receptionist: "Erica, this is Mr Majola's special guest."

Erica: "Good day mam. You look lovely."

Me: "Thank you so much."

Erica: "You can go on through the second door on your left." I thank her and walk to where she pointed me. I knock then open the door peeking inside.

Me: "hey."

Lizwi: "Sthandwa sami." I walk further in, closing the door behind me. He meets me halfway wrapping his arms around me and kisses me softly.

Me: "I missed you." he smiles

Lizwi: "Me too baby. What are we having for lunch?"

Me: "Me?" he laughs throwing his head back, I join him as we take our sits on his leather black couch. He pecks my lips opening the lunchbag I was carrying. He puts the containers on the small table in front of us. I had made macaroni cheese, sandwiches and some fruits.

Lizwi: "So your graduation is coming up, you have found an outfit?" I shake my head chewing the bread in my mouth.

Me: "No, I still have to find the perfect dress and also shoes." I say after swallowing.

Lizwi: "Do you want me to accompany you?" I smile nodding.

Me: "I'd love that babe."

Lizwi: "Even if you see a dress online, order it. I will pay."

Me: "We can start looking tonight since you helping me right?" he nods.

Lizwi: "That means you sleeping over tonight?" I chuckle.

Me: "Yeah." he pecks my lips.

***
After my lunch with Lizwi, I drove straight to my dad's house. I knock then enter, I find him and Ma'Fez cuddling up on the couch watching a movie. I clear my throat

Dad: "What? I'm not explaining myself to anyone, y'all can see exactly what's happening so why do y'all need an explanation?" I ignore him.

Me: "Sanibonani." I greet then kiss Ma'Fez's cheek.

Ma'Fez: "How are you baby?"

Me: "I'm good mah, i'm here for my babies."

Dad: "Lethokuhle why are you taking care of another woman's child?! Where is that child's mother?!"

Ma'Fez: "Kahle Skhu."

Me: "Are they asleep mah?"

Ma'Fez: "No, they were playing in your room." I nod then walk upstairs to my old room. I find them sitting on the floor with Melody crying, they haven't noticed me.

Sqalo: "Ukhalelani?"

Melody: "I want Brownie."

Sqalo: "Thotho is coming. Let's play."

Melody: "No."

Sqalo: "Don't cry." he says in his own cracky voice. I walk in.

Me: "Hey my lovies." they both rush to me. I kiss them both.

Sqalo: "Mama, Melody ubekhala." I pick Melody up.

Me: "Why are you sad baby."

Melody: "I miss Brownie."

Sqalo: "Ehhene mama futh silambile." I take his hand and we walk downstairs.

Me: "Thank you for watching them mah, I am leaving now."

Ma'Fez: "No problem baby girl." I walk out with these two and buckle them carefully in the back seat. I get in my seat and start the car after buckling up myself. I drive to the mall, we walk to Spur. I let them order whatever they want, their moods have lightened up now so I call aunt in the meantime.

Aunt: "Sthandwa sam."

Me: "Unjani mah."

Aunt: "I'm good just missing my babies."

Me: "They missing you too which is why I called."

Aunt: "I'm such a bad grandmother. Please drop them off at my house, uLondi and Nqo are there."

Me: "Okay mah."