28

[Sponsored by MaMdluli]
[Chapter 28]

LETHOKUHLE

I just fetched Sqalo from school and we now driving home. I know he's excited about finding Amahle there since she didn't go to work today. I park on the driveway and he's already running inside the house. I'm following him behind with our bags.

Me: "Sqalo, you really need to stop this running of yours wena!" Amahle clears her throat right about the same time I lift up my head. I notice that we have guests.

Me: "Sanibona." It's Lwande's parents. Sqalo is on Amahle's lap.

Aunt Thando: "Hey baby." she smiles.

Amahle: "Dad and mom are on their way." I nod. Amahle's mom is cool, she treats all dad's kids like hers like we can even visit her house at times, she never minds.

Me: "Can I please be excused, I need to change." They nod so I go to my room, Sqalo also comes in. I guess he was following me. I change into a comfortable outfit then change Sqalo out of his uniform. Amahle had already made him food so I make sure that he eats.

I go back to the living room and take a seat, Sqalo comes and sits on my lap.

Uncle Nsizwa: "You have really grown baby girl." I smile

Me: "Yes and I'm finally graduating in a few months."

Uncle Nsizwa: "Really? I'm very pleased to hear that."

Aunt Thando: "I will be waiting for an invitation." I giggle nodding.

Me: "You will definitely get it." 

Aunt Thando: "I'm really ashamed of what that idiot son of mine did to you. No woman should ever be treated like that. I seriously am sorry and i'm not apologising for him but i'm apologising to you as the woman who raised him. I thought we had really done a good job in raising those kids but clearrly not when uLwande can act like a hooligan."

Uncle Nsizwa: "Your aunt is very right sis. We are here to apologise and also ask that you let us have a relationship with our grandson."

Dad: "I thought you were going to wait for us?" he asked walking in and Sqalo immediately runs to his arms.

Dad: "Hello mfana kaMkhuluza." he greets him tickling him.

Sqalo: "Gogo!!" he stretches his arms to her and she takes him. They take a sit on the other couch. Ma'Fez greets everyone.

Uncle Nsizwa: "I am Nsizwa Mnikathi and this is my wife Uluthando. We have come here to apologise for my son's disgusting actions and behaviour towards your daughter."

Dad: "Why isn't he here to account for his own actions?"

Uncle Nsizwa: "I was still talking. Like I mentioned to Letho earlier, we both not here to apologise on his behalf but we apologising as his parents that raised him. I can assure you that I raised him better than what he is. I am here because I only just found out about what he did to Letho. I really trued finding what happened back then that made Letho distance herself from us but now since I know. I really don't fault her. I'm asking that you also let us do right by her and our grandson."

Ma'Fez: "We really can't put the blame on the parents for how our kids act. We raise these kids the best way we can and it is only up to them how they decide to live their lives."

Dad: "My wife is right. By the way, I'm Skhumbuzo and this is my wife, Fezeka." Amahle and I share looks.

Dad: "I'm sorry for my attitude at first, I just have had so much anger with your son and I'm sorry to tell you that I will beat him up the day I finally lay my eyes on him."

Uncle Nsizwa: "I will gladly help you."

Dad: "I will have to contact Letho's grandfather and he can tell us the way forward."

Me: "I also would like to apologise for keeping Sqalo away from you. Despite what happened between Lwande and I, I shouldn't have punished y'all for his actions when you also didn't know that something was going on between us. It was very wrong and selfish of me to do that, I'm sorry."

Aunt Thando: "You couldn't even come to me?"

Me: "I was mostly ashamed mah, especially with how kindly you treated me. You always treated me like your daughter and I felt like that would be like i'm being ungrateful and taking advantage of your kindness."

Aunt Thando: "Thotho?"

Me: "I know mah. I was also scared that you'd choose Lwande over me since he is your son."

Aunt Thando: "I'm better than that Letho."

Uncle Nsizwa: "I understand your reasons mina baby girl." I hug the both of them.

Dad: "Introduce him phela Letho." I nod.

Me: "please give me a second."

Ma'Fez: "Okay baby."

Me: "Sqalo, come to me." he quietly walks to me and I take his hand, we go to the kitchen. I put him on the counter and pour a little amount of custard in a bowl than get two spoons and we share the bowl.

Me: "You know I love you very very much right?"

Sqalo: "Yes. I'm your prince mama." he smiles.

Me: "Yes baby. You saw our guests right?"  he nods.

Me: "Those are your other grandparents. They both your father's parents."

Sqalo: "My father? but I don't like him anymore."

Me: "I know but he probably didn't mean to hurt you so don't you think you can forgive him?"

Sqalo: "Fine!"

Me: "And that means you will also be nice to his parents?"

Sqalo: "My grandparents?"

Me: "Yes."

Sqalo: "Yes!" I tickle him a bit, he laughs wiggling his body.

Me: "Do you want to go say hi?" he nods. I put him down and we walk to the living room again. He walks to them while I sit on the couch I was sitting on.

Sqalo: "Hi gogo. Hi Mkhulu." Aunt Thando is already crying and uncle Nsizwa is smiling. He hugs them and uncle Nsizwa kisses his forehead but Sqalo wipes off the kiss making us laugh.

Sqalo: "No kissing boys mkhulu. Im a big man."

Uncle Nsizwa: "Oh i'm sorry."

Sqalo: "You do this." he fistbumps him. He then hugs aunt Thando and kisses her nose. Oh wow!

Amahle: "Wow!" she says shocked as I am.

Aunt Thando: "Well what's your name handsome?"

Sqalo: "I'm Sqalokuhle Lwandlelethu Mdlalose." she grins.

Aunt: "I'm very happy to meet you."

Sqalo: "It's nice to meet you."

Aunt: "You are such a charmer." she says giggling.

Sqalo: "Thotho, can I please go home with Gogo and Mkhulu?" this child!

Me: "Not today baby, you have school tomorrow." he frowns.