10

[Chapter 10]

Lethokuhle Khumalo

I was finally home now, I actually got here a few days back. Aunt Thando and Uncle Nsizwa, had came with us just so they can ensure that we were safe and sound. They then left the next day for Joburg. My best friend is still not back, actually she will only be back at the end of the year.

Gogo: "Thotho!"

Me: "Mahh? i'm coming." I get off my bed, wear my shoes before going to find her. I find her in the lounge sitting comfortably watching her usual Nigerian movies.

Gogo: "Come join me hawu. We haven't spent much time together since you arrived." I chuckle and sit next to her, I nuzzle up on her bossom.

Me: "Where's Mkhulu?"

Gogo: "Angimazi, he said he's coming back." I nod. We continue watching her movies while snacking on some chips and marshmallows.

Gogo: "We are going on a weekend away later today."

Me: "Really?!" I ask excitedly.

Gogo: "Why you happy?"

Me: "You just said we going on a trip."

Gogo: "Oh my mistake. I mean me and my husband, and the Mnikathi's too. Well it's us oldies who will be leaving." she says smirking.

Me: "Hha mah! I will be left alone?!"

Gogo: "No, you will stay over at the Mnikathi's with the other kids. Y'all will look after each other there."

Me: "Kodwa mamah!!"

Gogo: "Nope!"  she then pecks my face laughing.

Me: "You guys are not cool!! Kanti didn't y'all miss your baby? senifuna ukungishiya la ngedwa?!"

Gogo: "Why are you being dramatic? because you will be next door and we will be back after the weekend haw."

Me: "It's fine mama."

Gogo: "How is school?"

Me: "Yoh! It is so draining mah, i'm already tired shame."

Gogo: "Usheshile ke bo ukukhala! How is your stay at res?"

Me: "It took time for me to adjust but i'm doing just fine now. My roommate just creeps me out sometimes."

Gogo: "That's because you not a friendly person hawu. Kanti what is wrong with someone being friendly to you?"

Me: "Yoh!"

Gogo: "Any boys we should worry about?"

Me: "Not at all mah."

Gogo: "Good cause we can't let these boys mess with our baby. Oh and your grandfather wants to do umemulo for you." i choke on my saliva.

Me: Sorry. Mkhulu wants to do umemulo for me?"

Gogo: "Yes! unless there's already a boy playing in my kraal?" I cough.

Me: "No, not at all."

Gogo: "Mmmhhm.

Me: "I thought we didn't perform these kind of ceremonies mah."

Gogo: "No baby. Tradition is tradition."  i nod.

*******
Lwande: "They finally asleep!" he says exhaustively throwing himself next to me. I shift from him as I feel my body react to him.

Me: "I'm also going to sleep."

Lwande: "Haw let's watch a movie together. Please."

Me: "Lwande I..."

Lwande: "Pretty please. I promise to let you choose what we will watch plus I enjoy spending time with you."

Me: "Fine!" I sit on the other couch and surf through netflix for a nice movie until I decide on 'someone great'.

Lwande: "I've always wanted to check this movie out yazi."

Me: "Okay shh now." he chuckles and disappears to the kitchen. He comes back with a big bowl filled with chips and jelly tots. He sits next to me.

___

I feel his hand brushing my thigh while he breathes heavily on my neck. He starts planting small soft kisses on my neck going up and sucks on my earlobe abit then turns my face to face his and he attacks my lips and kisses me.

Me: "Lwande."

Lwande: "Mmh?" he picks me up and walks with me to his room where he lays me on the bed gently. His hand is trapped between my thighs as he continues kissing me.

Me: "ahh lwahhh!"

***