Chapter XVIII

At the Green Family on the countryside.

"Hon, its been more than half a year since our daughter left. I can't still accept it." The woman said and wiped her tears while her husband sit beside her and comfort her.

"I know how hard it is honey, all we can do now is accept it and let her be in peace." The man said.

*******

Jackson POV

Since the day I learned that the Green family left their house and went to other place, I felt like something was wrong.

So I immediately ask my private investigator to inquire about the Green family.

Its been a week since then and each time the report without results came it made me so annoyed and frustrated but I don't know why.

****

I'm in my study when what Lyrus said comes to my mind again.

"But why didn't you tell us about that matter dad? Don't you think that's a big deal? Didn't you consider Jake and Aiden's reaction and how it will affect them?

And how it will also affect me...."

Since Lyrus came to me and told me his thoughts about Eren's impact on them, I slowly look back on how Eren took care of my kids and my house affair.

It was at this moment I finally realized that she had done a good job in maintaining my family together, guiding my kids and caring for every needs of my kids, showing them a mother's love and genuine concern especially to Aiden and Jake.

She also tried to showed me that she cared and loved me too through her efforts for the last two years of our marriage eventhough I never care she still continue to show me all her efforts.

All those years I thought she was just pretending and just being an opportunist by using my kids.

I turned a blind eye on those things and ignore all her efforts. Pretending not to see what she had done all those years.

It was now that I realized how big of an impact she had left to my family especially to my kids, even to Lyrus who seemed not to care.

I pulled my hair hard to feel more pain, a habit that I do whenever I'm stress and don't know what to do.

'What have I done? Is this what they said you'll just realize the value of someone when they're gone? Is this it?'

'My love Lucy, it was only you I know I truly love but why do I feel this kind of regret of letting her go and not knowing where she is now makes me feel empty inside just like that time when I lost you.' I talked to myself and started sobbing.

'My love what is this? I'm scared that I might have a feeling for her. Love help me please. I don't know what to do anymore' I continue to cry out of confusion and feeling of lost.

*******

Third Person POV

Because of too much exhaustion on both physical, emotional and mental, Jackson falls asleep at his coach in an uncomfortable position with tears on his face and a visible frown on his face.

Unknown to him what he is feeling inside is just a shallow feeling of losing something.

What will come to him is much more than that.

*******

The couple visited the cemetery and stand in the front of their child's tomb.

"Sweetheart how are you there? Are you doing good there now?

You know sweetheart until now we can't still accept that you leave us permanently.

I can't still accept that I cannot hug you anymore and cannot talk to you anymore."

The woman said and started crying silently though she tried to wipe her tears away while trying to smile.

"Don't worry sweetheart we will eventually accept it though it will take quite some time but the pain will eventually go away and I am hoping that someday we will meet and be together again."

The woman continued to talk to her child while her husband hug her shoulders and comfort her while shedding silent tears too.

He may not be saying something but the feeling of pain because of losing ones child is the same, it's all the same to any parent who lost their children.

But he needs to be strong because his wife needs someone to lean on and he is the one who can give it to her.

They both needs each other's comfort and encouragement to move on from the pain of losing their loved one and accepting the reality of not seeing their child anymore.

☆☆☆☆

Hello everyone!!!🤗🤗🤗

Happy New Year!!!🎉🎉🎉

Here's an update for you all.😊😊😊

It's a little short though and a kind of drama, so I guess it's just right to be a short chapter...😁😁😁

Please understand your author.😅😅😅

Thank you for reading, it already reached 4k+ read!!!🥰🥰🥰

Wahhh, I'm so grateful to you all readers!!! Thank you so much!!!🥰🥰🥰

Until the next chapter.😘😘😘

The end is almost at hand!😉😉😉

P.S
I'm supposed to update earlier than this time but our internet connection just wouldn't cooperate with me.🥴🥴🥴

But anyway here it is.😉😉😉