Chapter II

Jackson POV

"Dad can we go to the park and play? please!" pleaded Lyrus my eldest son.

"You have been so busy lately, you don't play with us anymore. My classmates are talking in school how they always had their family weekend bonding with their mom and dad, while in my case I can't say anything to them. Don't you love us anymore?" He complained.

"Look son, dad had been very busy in the company and has less free time to accompany you, you can ask your mm....mama to bring you to park and play there, that's one of her duty as your second mother, to accompany you and help you enjoy." I told him.

"But that is different if you are there with us, beside we always go to the park with her everytime Aiden and Jake ask to go out. Jake, Aiden and I wanted to spend time with you not her! And beside she is not our real mother!" Lyrus shouted at me.

*******

Eren POV

Hurt plunged my heart as I heard those words spoken by Jackson and Lyrus.

I know both of them don't like me, but just bearing with me for the sake of Jake and Aiden who still needed some guidance and affection from a mother's figure.

I know my place in this family, I am just like a hired nanny in pretense of being called wife and step mother  to the children.

And it  hurts me a lot, but what can I do, I chose this from the start and thinking in mind that maybe someday they will learn to accept me as I am, and not just a substitute for the current role of a mother.

My only consolation in this place is Jake and Aiden.

Jake look at me with smiles always and love it when I teach and accompany him to draw, while Aiden depended on me just like a mother, both of them call me mama which gives warmth to my heart.

Thanks to this two saviors of mine I remain sane and full of love for each one of  this family, hoping that someday they will feel it.

I can still remember the day I was chosen to become Jackson's second wife  by his parents.

~Flashback~

One time during my regular session on my art studio, a kid run inside my studio, start looking at the different paints and brushes, touching it and observing it.

Then I approached the kid and asked the kid "Where are your parents little sir?"

The kid was startled and shyly looked at me and did not say anything and continue to look at the sample art materials. Then walk to some paintings on display.

"Ma'am who made this painting?" He asked curiously with sparkling round eyes and pointed out the painting of a beautiful landscape.

"Ah this painting, that is my painting when I was still in my college days. Why? How does it look to you?" I asked curious for his answer.

"It looks.... beautiful.... like you." he shyly answered and looked back at the painting.

I laughed at his answer and tease him a little.

"Little sir, you're still young and you already have a sweet mouth.

But any way thank you for your answer, I feel happy" Then pat his head gently.

Then suddenly the door open and an elegant elderly woman entered and look straight in our direction.

"Jake baby why did you run inside without waiting for grandma?" Smiling at the kid.

"Grandma, I like this painting, can you buy this for me, please.  Ms. Pretty said she painted it herself that's why I like it even more." The kid beg his grandma with puppy eyes.

I feel like laughing at the scene but control it and to avoid offending the kid.

I calmly said to the kid
"I'm sorry little sir but I am not selling any painting on display here.

These are on display for my clients to see my works and an exhibit for my studio."

The kid look down and his eyes started to moisten so I hurriedly said,

"Hey little sir, don't cry I may not sell that one painting to you but will it be ok if I paint a small one a little similar to that. Is that ok with you little sir?"

The kid immediately look up and nod his head vigorously and smile brightly.

"Yes, yes ma'am!" He replied.

Then after that they left my studio.
And said that they will return the following week to get the painting I promise the kid.

After that the little sir became my frequent visitor.

And because of that specific encounter with Jake, I was chosen to become the second wife of Jackson, which gave me quite a shock after knowing that Jake is Jackson's child.

What a beautiful encounter I thought.