1. Got the Scholarship!

Inaya's POV

I stirred in my sleep as i felt bright rays of sun shinning from the window. I sat up in the bed rubbing my eyes, as my vision cleared i saw time at the clock. It was almost 9am. I usually wake up at 6am on week days but as today is Saturday i took my time in waking up.

I got up from the bed and went to the washroom, brushed my teeth and went downstairs in my pajamas.

As i went near the kitchen i could already smell the mouthwatering aroma coming from there. I peaked into the kitchen and saw ami flipping a pharatha. As satudays are off so ami always cook pharathas for me and they are delicious.

I went near her and pecked her cheek. "Good morning ami" i said while watching her flip pharatas effortlessly. "Good morning beta" she replied.

After asking if she needs any help and as usual her denying, I went to the living room and saw nano reciting the Holy Quran. I went near her and kissed her cheek and said "Good morning nano". "Good morning lado" she replied using my nickname.

After few minutes ami came and called us for breakfast. We went to the dinning table and i hurriedly took pharatha in my plate as i was starving. I almost burned my mouth as i took a bite before letting it cool down.

"Eat slowly beta" ami said. "Ami ur pharathas are so good i can't help" i replied while letting the taste of spices consume my mouth. Ami and nano both smiled at my childishness.

After eating breakfast and chitchatting a little with ami and nano, i went to my room to take a shower. I quickly took a shower and got dressed. Then i settled on my bed with my laptop in my lap to complete some assignments.

As i was doing my work my phone pinged indicating a new notification. I checked my phone to see a new email. As i opened the email and read it a loud scream tore from my mouth "Ahhhh".

My eyes filled with tears instantly. That moment was like a dream coming true for me.

Ami and nano came from hearing my scream. "What happened beta?" ami asked, concern laying in her voice. I immediately got up and jumped into her arms that she got stumbled a little.

"Amiiiiii, i got the scholarship in London!". I said my voice filled with excitement and tears constantly streaming out of my eyes. I was so happy and emotional finally my dream is coming true.

"Congratulations beta" ami and nano both said while kissing my forehead.

"Ami i'm so happy this is all because of your and nano's prayers. I can't wait to go to London" i said. "I will inform Ayesha and tell her this good news she will be so happy" ami said. Finally i will be going to London.

I insisted on staying at campus if i got scholarship but my ami strictly denied as it will be my first time in London. So she said to stay with aunt at her house until my course is completed.

It was my dream since childhood to be a interior designer and finally i'm one step closer.

Thank you so much Allah g for listening to my prayers!

I video called Alizeh, my cousin and bestfriend to inform her about this exciting news.

"Inu, i thought you forgot me!" she grudged as soon as she picked up the phone.

I pressed my lips together and gave her an innocent look while she rolled her eyes. "Sorry, i was really busy with my college."

I tried to reason with her. A smile curled up on her face, "I was just teasing you."

My expressions turned from tensed to relieved.

"Ok i have something to tell you," i said in and exciting tone and her attention was fixed on me.

"Are you ready?" i teased her a little as i know she is the most impatient person ever.

"Girl, speak up or my anxiety will kill me!" she groaned and glared at me to which i gave her a sheepish smile.

"I got it!" i said with a huge smile, she stared at me blinking her eyes. "Uff be more specific."

"The scholarship, i got it duffer!" there was silence for a minute before a loud squeal came from her side.

I covered my ears due to her over excitement. "Omg omg you finally got it!" she squealed again. She looked more excited than me.

I just stared at her amusingly while waiting for her to calm down from her excitement.

"I can't wait for you to come here!" Alizeh expressed after she was done squealing and jumping.

"Same, my flight is just next week!" i exclaimed as Alizeh and me talked some more for a while.

After some time, i told her that we'll talk later as i remembered i completely forgot about my assignment.

"Ok bye now, see you soon!" Alizeh said before hanging up.

I went on doing my assignment but my mind was still busy on thinking about London.

__________♡