42~New beginnings

"Turn around" Amelia says and Kayla does exactly that showcasing the lovely gold dress she's wearing.

She looks absolutely gorgeous. The high slit is perfect for her flirtatious demeanor.

We are prom dress shopping at Dior, a store I never dreamed of entering.

Mrs Grace did say she would pay for me, and I am not complaining.

"I think I'll get this one" Kayla says, admiring herself in the mirror.

"You should, you look great" I say and she smiles.

"Wonderful. I'll pack it up for you" the sales lady says as Kayla goes back into the changing room.

"Have you decided on what you're getting?" Amelia asks.

"No. I can't really decide. I don't want to end up hating it" I tell her.

"Take you're time. There are so many options. We could go to another store if you don't find anything"

"Okay"

I carefully look at the dresses trying to imagine them on me, but I don't exactly like the imaginations.

They are either too exposing, not exposing enough, too long, too short, or too expensive.

We end up leaving that store and looking at a few others.

But still no luck.

Then we resort to window shopping.

"Prada I know Amelia told you to take your time, but you kinda need to hurry up a bit. Prom is tomorrow" Kayla says.

"I knew we shouldn't have done this last minute" Amelia whines.

"I work well under pressure" Kayla defends.

I tune out their bickering as I lock eyes with the most beautiful dress I have ever seen.

I move closer to the window to get a better look.

The mannequin looks absolutely fabulous and I can actually see myself in it.

"I'll get this one" I say, but they don't seem to hear me.

I walk into the store and I immediately request that dress.

I go into the changing room and I try it on.

Once I do I look at myself in the mirror and I smile.

It is exactly what I imagined.

It's simple, yet so complex. I really do think white is my colour.

I immediately pay for the dress and rush outside

"Jesus Prada, why did you leave without us. We thought you got kidnapped or something" Kayla says.

"I found a dress" I offer and they shrug.

~~~~~~~~~

This entire room is a complete mess.