09

Chapter 9

Later that night, Arjun was engrossed in working on his thesis while Banishree sat on the bed, continuously staring at him. She admired his chiselled jawline, long eyelashes, and straight nose. Seeing him rubbing his head repeatedly, she searched through the drawers for pain relief balm.

Once she found it, she walked over to Arjun and stood behind him. "Doctor Babu, aankhe band kijiye Zara," she said. Reluctantly, she touched his head, and a jolt of electricity passed through her. She bit her lips, feeling a sudden warmth. ( Close your eyes once)

Slanting his head, she applied the balm over his forehead and neck, starting to massage his head. "Thank you," Arjun moaned as she rubbed his forehead. "Mhmm, It feels so good," he mumbled, finding himself appreciating the moment.

Still rubbing his forehead, Banishree said, "Suniye Doctor Babu." ("Listen, Doctor Babu.")

Arjun, with his head still slanted backward and eyes closed, responded with a casual, "Hmm, boliye Bani." ("Hmm, go ahead, Bani.")

"Sorry, hamari wajah se aap ka Aaj mazak ban gaya," she apologised. ("Sorry, because of me, you became a topic of mockery.")

He opened his eyes, and their gazes met. Arjun gave her a lazy yet charming smile, making Banishree feel her heartbeat quicken. "Koi baat nhi, ye sab hota rehta hai," he reassured her. ("No problem, these things happen.")

At 1 in the night, Banishree woke up feeling immense pain in her breasts. She realised she had accidentally slept on her front, exacerbating the discomfort. Wincing, she touched her breasts and winced again, confirming their excessive soreness. Slowly and cautiously, she made her way to the washroom.

There, she took off her cotton kurti and unclapsed her bra, feeling the immediate relief of not having the constriction. Slowly squeezing the milk out, she experienced a bit of relief from the discomfort. She repeated the process with her other breast, hoping to alleviate the soreness.

Afterward, she wore her clothes and returned to the room.

She found Arjun sitting up as she entered the room. "Bani, tum thik ho?" he asked, concern etched on his face. She looked down and nodded, admitting the pain she felt.

"Dard ho raha hai?" he inquired. She nodded again, whispering, "Boht." (A lot.)

He stood up and offered her painkillers. She accepted them, and he went to boil some water. "Bani, sote waqt bra mat pehna karo. Remove them now. Mai dusri taraf dekh raha hu," he said, turning around to give her privacy. ( You should not go to bed wearing a bra. Remove them now, I looking away)

She followed his instructions, and he continued, "Ab late jao," drawing the curtains and switching off the night bulb, enveloping the room in darkness.( Now lie down)

"Lift up your kurti and keep this warm towel on your breast for two minutes. I cannot see anything, chinta mat karo," he assured her.

Arjun's considerate demeanour provided a sense of comfort, even in the midst of discomfort, as he guided her through the process.

Banishree followed Arjun's instructions as he sat against the bed with his back turned toward her. He dipped the towel in the hot water bowl after every two minutes to provide relief. As she went through the process, she called out to her husband, "Doctor Babu."

"Han bolo, Bani," he responded, setting the towel and bowl aside. ( Yes, tell me , Bani)

"Dhanyawad," she expressed her gratitude, appreciating his care and assistance. ( Thank you)

Arjun lay back on the makeshift bed on the floor, staring at the ceiling, while Banishree, relieved from her breast pain, returned to the bed, also gazing at the ceiling. She inquired, "Doctor Babu, aapka ghar kahan hai?" (Doctor Babu, where is your home?)

"Mera ghar Delhi mein hi hai, yahan se 2 ghante door," (My home is in Delhi, about 2 hours away from here) he replied, and she nodded as if he could see her. "Doctor Babu, aapka mann pasandida khana kya hai?" (Doctor Babu, what is your favourite food?) she continued, turning on her side and propping herself on her elbow, the yellow night bulb casting a glow on their faces.

"Hmm, mujhe rajma chawal, chole bhature, idli dosa, aur paneer tikka masala bohot pasand hai," (Hmm, I really like rajma rice, chole bhature, idli dosa, and paneer tikka masala) he shared. Banishree nodded, and then he asked, "Tumhe khane mein kya pasand hai, Bani?" (What do you like to eat, Bani?)

A big smile lit up her face. "Humein toh litti chokha aur dal pitha bahut pasand hai. Humari maami har Ravihwaar ko banati thi nashta mein," (I really like litti chokha and dal pitha. My maternal aunt used to make it every Sunday for breakfast) she excitedly shared. Arjun stared at her with a small smile, touched by her enthusiasm.

Arjun softly asked, "Bani, tumko ghar ki yaad aati hai?" (Bani, do you miss your home?) Bani grew quieter, a teardrop rolling down her cheeks. Sensing her sadness, Arjun sat up and raised his hand, wiping away her tears. "I will take you back to your family, sweet. Don't cry," he said, gently caressing her hair.

Banishree sleepily woke up feeling the urge to pee. Rubbing her eyes, she stood up yawning and stepped on something delicate yet hard under her feet. Suddenly, she heard a groggy yet painful groan and scream, "Mummaaa....aaahh." She jumped back on the bed, screaming as well. Opening her eyes, she saw Arjun rolling on the floor, holding his nether region.

"Doc...doctor ba...bu, humka," she began, stammering, "Bani ye kya kiya?" Arjun gritted out moaning and hissing in pain. "Woh...woh humne nahi dekha aa...pko," she said, getting up, jumping out of the bed, and running out of the room. It was still dawn outside. She went and knocked on Chaman's door. Knocking again, finally, Chaman opened the door, only to get startled. ( That I didn't see you)

"Banishree, tum yahan?" he asked. ( You here?)

"Woh...woh Doctor Babu ko kuch ho gaya hai," she said, and Chaman immediately ran to Arjun's room. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Arjun hissing on the floor. ( Something has happened to Doctor Babu)

Chaman looked at Arjun and then at Bani, who was standing in a corner. "I wonder what were you two even doing to end up in this situation," Chaman asked, wiggling his brows playfully as he crouched down on the floor beside Arjun.

"She stepped on my fucking balls, saale chutiye!" Arjun gritted out in pain, still hissing. ( You fucker!)

************************************

How's the chapter?

Target 90 votes

Hare Krishna