• CHAPTER 40 •

Setting Things Right

Luna's Struggle

5098 words.

Killua has never felt as useless as this moment. As a little pup, he barely walked straight. His small legs barely carried his weight off the ground, so he couldn't fight or object to the ruthless cuddles and coos coming from other members let alone witnessing his lover beating up his childhood friend.

His squeaks and unharmful hisses didn't bother Gon in the slightest. He was busy beating up the guy that made all sorts of trouble for the past month. Ikalgo only groaned and Gon didn't even ask a thing, he proceeded with hitting Ikalgo, taking his anger all out on him.

"UGH! PLEASE STOP!!!" Ikalgo let out a moan, hastily covering his face just as a wild kick came his way. A sharp scream escaped him as another blow struck, painfully compressing his intestines. The brutal assault compelled him to retch, despite having already emptied his stomach moments before.

He gagged several times, and Killua wasn't certain whether he was choking on his stomach acid or gripped by sheer terror. It was evident that the human had no chance of making it through the night, a realization that sent shivers down Killua's spine.

After all, everything they're going through now is because of him. Alpin is greatly scolded and Gon promised to give him a punishment that he'd never forget. At least, it's not exile. That's what Alpin murmured to reassure the little staring wolf.

Meanwhile, Kurapika and Leorio found themselves unceremoniously kicked out from the territory, while Ray faced dismissal. As for Ikalgo, his fate unfolded solely for the eyes of Gon, Alpin, and Killua. The pup's voice became hoarse from incessant growling, until, at last, he witnessed the intensification of Gon's gaze and the sharpening of his claws, poised to inflict lasting scars upon the bloodied and unconscious Ikalgo. The pink-haired individual couldn't maintain consciousness following the brutal, emotionless beating administered by him.

When Killua witnessed this, he returned to his human form instantly, "GON NO!!!!!" Running and jumping over Ikalgo to protect him from Gon's ruthless stab just at the right time. He hissed and Gon growled in frustration when he noticed what just happened.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" He shouted wildly, like a maniac, and quickly dropped to his knees to assess Killua's injury. Killua had hurt his arm, right on the bicep, and blood was seeping through, staining his hoodie. "KILLUA, WHAT DID YOU DOOOOO!"

Alpin quickly scurried over and, with a swift motion, removed his shirt to use as a makeshift bandage for Killua's wounded arm. "Thank goodness it's the arm and not my face," he exclaimed with relief. Gon, reacting swiftly, helped Killua to his feet and pulled him with a firm grip on his arms. Gon's chest rumbled with subdued growls of anger, his eyes flashing with a wild glow directed at Killua. Carefully, Gon's hand moved to Killua's waist, not only to support him and prevent any accidental falls but also to ensure that the pressure on the wounded arm was minimized.

"Please, stop hurting him, I beg you." Under Gon's glare, Killua pleaded. Gon's gaze fixated on Killua's glistening eyelashes, the earlier wound now a distant memory. Despite Gon's hand becoming soaked with his friend's blood upon touching it earlier, all of that faded into insignificance the moment Gon witnessed the tears streaming down Killua's face.

His anger dissipated, and now his undivided attention fixated on Killua. Meanwhile, Alpin attended to Ikalgo's unconscious form on the opposite side. Ikalgo had endured a severe beating from their Alpha, making Alpin genuinely impressed by his resilience.