• CHAPTER 38 •

The New You

Luna's Struggle

1972 words.

As Killua's pain intensified, so did Gon's concern. The anguish reflected in Killua's eyes weighed heavily on Gon's heart. He observed his mate trembling like a leaf, clutching his torso as if fearing it might unravel. Gon, too, experienced the searing pain of limbs tearing and tissues twisting within his own body on his first transformation, and now, he's experiencing it again because of Killua's own pain. While Gon had encountered comparable agony during his initial transformation, the realization that Killua was undergoing the same ordeal, accompanied by fear and confusion, heightened Gon's worry and deepened his empathy for his lover.

"Please, Killua," Gon whispered to himself, his eyes fixated on his partner. The group assumed defensive postures, ready to shield themselves from a frenzied Killua and also barricading the space, so he wouldn't run away in case of going berserk. He stood at the center, screaming and clutching himself as if terrified of escaping his own skin. "Ughh, Fuck! Ughhhh!!"

In the heart of the dense forest, tension hung in the air like a shroud, an unsettling anticipation that had everyone on edge. Killua was writhing in agony, his body convulsing in ways that sent shivers down Gon's spine. The pain that engulfed him was nothing short of terrifying.

Gon's heart raced as he watched, knowing that at any moment, his mate could lose control and become a loner. The pack had gathered around, each member ready to leap into action at the first sign of danger. What was terrifying is the fact that they don't know what will happen to Killua, considering how different he is from them.

His cries of pain echoed through the woods, each one tearing at Gon's heart. He clutched his own chest, his eyes locked on Killua. "Please, Killua, fight it," he whispered, his voice trembling. He couldn't bear to see Killua in such torment. He couldn't bear standing there — helpless. Oh, how much he wishes to just go to the middle of this circle and hug him tightly! Unfortunately, breaking the formation means giving his mate an outing to escape from.

The transformation began slowly. Killua, still in excruciating pain, curled around himself, continuing to hug his torso as if trying to shield himself from the horrors within. His hair, as white as the snow, began to envelop him, slowly obscuring his human form. His ears perked up from his head, and his hair covered his human ears, creating a surreal and eerie transformation.

Everyone defensively watched, readying their limbs for a chase or a sudden hit of the sort.

That's when the animal hidden beneath all these layers of human form looked at Gon. The alpha caught a glimpse of Killua, and his attention was drawn to his radiant eyes. The once bright glow transformed into a captivating icy turquoise, showing the wolf underneath. Killua's not in control anymore. His pupils constricted, forming slender ellipses, and delicate rings illuminated the center of his irises. As Killua fixed his gaze on Gon, an unsettling aura of hostility emanated from his eyes, suggesting that he had surrendered to his inner desires and was prepared to confront anyone who crossed his path.

That almost scared the pack members, who would never be ready to fight their Luna, let alone a berserk Luna on the verge of turning into a loner.