• CHAPTER 9 •

• Quid Pro Quo •

{Luna's Struggle}

A promise is like a vow; it's unconditional. A person who trusts another person accepts a promise and believes in it.

It's exactly what mates are made for.

Whereas, a favor needs something in return; it's just like debt. It's where two strangers give things in return for something they value. 

The second definition is what Gon has learned just now. 

Although all mates work together unconditionally, he knows his mate is different. 

So, he used something different, too. 

Quid pro quo — or what others around say as reciprocation.

Instead of using his instincts or what humans call violence, he will attract his mate by using humanistic ideals and ideas.

It might be hard to adapt, but he'll adapt to humans enough to help his mate adapt to his world too.

So, in exchange for letting him go to school without a full marking, Gon asked for his mate to come home with him whenever he wanted to.

Killua looked reluctant. He stared at Gon with an unreadable expression, no, he stared at him as if trying to read Gon's expression.

"Go home with me whenever I ask for it." That's what Gon said. 

The order was simple, but to Killua it seemed like a mission impossible.

Gon's home might not be something Killua would easily get used to, but it's exactly the image that Killua will see when he moves in with Gon forever.

It summarizes all the things he will face there, which is totally different from the way of living in his current home.

"Home? Where?" Killua reluctantly asked. It was so faint, but Gon heard it. He felt Killua's caution and paranoia falling like dew drops over his heart.

They were tense, which helped Gon stay calm. "To my home, in the woods." He slowly said, "You don't have to stay the night. Just you have to come over whenever I ask you to." Gon looked at him, his eyes were glistening with some emotion. It is similar to hope, but not quite.

It's more of a mixture between hope and excitement, so it scared Killua. "Until you finally decide to live with me and be one with me, I will only ask this of you. That if you promise you won't let another wolf touch you." Gon gripped his hands tightly over his lap and squeezed. He only stared at them when he said, "I'm a very jealous and possessive alpha. Please mind that and don't hurt me." Faintly, he mumbled.

It is already crazy enough for an Alpha's Luna to walk around unmarked. Although he has his scent on him now, it is still dangerous. What if one of his foes happened to pass by and smelled Gon's scent on him?

Killua would be in literal danger!

But, what can he do? He doesn't want to see his Luna crying from the very beginning of their relationship.

"Alright. I promise. I won't get close to anyone since I wouldn't know who's a werewolf and who is not. Is that okay now?" Killua stood up and walked towards the fluttering blinds. He clutched them and looked outside his window.

"Yeah," Gon muttered, "So, it's an agreement between us that you should tell your father about."

"Right."

"Now, let's go." 

Killua examined him and flinched when Gon suddenly stood up. He walked closer to Killua who pressed himself against the window, "Let's go!"