• CHAPTER 2 •

Glow in the Dark •

{Luna's Struggle}

Glowing yellow eyes trapped Killua. His body was frozen and the only active organ was his heart. It was racing with vivid emotion, yet unclear. He didn't know what that was, almost like fear.

They looked like they belonged to an animal, a dog, maybe? Or a wild one, like a wolf. Lately, Killua heard about wolves running in the woods. It was a fascinating story, but he never wished to face one. 

"Killua?" The boy turned. "Is everything alright?" Ray, his boyfriend, asked. He's the one who he started dating three years ago, just when he started high school. His first love? Maybe.

Killua nodded. He's alright. The second he broke the connection with those glowing eyes, his heart eased down, the new emotion dissipated, and everything went normal. "I just saw something weird." He turned, but the eyes weren't glowing in the fog anymore. "Uh, never mind. It's probably my imagination."

Ray raised an eyebrow, but he tugged Killua closer to him and inside the treehouse. "Let's just enjoy the night. I always wanted to introduce you to my buddies."

Killua went to the corner with him, but his mind still roamed all over those eyes. It might be the fog or just his imagination, but he couldn't just forget how he felt about it.

"This is Jacob and Martin. Say hi!" Killua shot them a small nod and they waved enthusiastically at his sight. He always felt like a celebrity whenever he met one of Ray's buddies. He still doesn't know how he feels about that.

"Ray talked lots 'bout ya." Jacob chanted and gave Killua finger guns that almost made him puke. His short black hair was combed to the side, just like the rooster's head but in black. He had one of his ears fully pierced along with a nose piercing, which earned him a point. 

Killua begged Ray to pierce somewhere, anywhere, but the other always had an excuse every time. When Killua almost got upset, he told him something that triggered his curiosity, "Can't. I belong to a group, honey. If our boss sees a piercing, he'll pierce my head."

Ever since that excuse, Killua's mind was injected with various ideas. Who's his boss? Is he in a gang? Is it like a big group of bad boys? Or just his future boss at one of the companies Ray worked for as an early intern? He couldn't get any other explanation from Ray ever since, so he dropped the subject. 

They formed a circle together. Killua got his copybook and glasses and crossed his legs over the tiny flimsy carpet. He opened it to scribble down some notes. On the other hand, Ray threw himself on an aqua bean seat. "I'm so proud of this house."

His buddies snickered, and their wheezes got louder when Killua didn't bother to give them a look. "It should be your marriage house with Killua!" Jacob teased.

"I wouldn't mind," Killua mumbled. His approval shut the teasing down. Killua's no fun, as Jacob always says. 

"You'd live with me in this small treehouse?" Ray asked, a little hopeful with a wide grin. It wasn't teasing the boy, but he was genuinely asking about Killua's seriousness. 

Killua looked over his glasses to give his boyfriend a stern look. "When I truly love someone, I give up on everything just to be with them."

Martin purred and flipped his aqua bang off his eyes to give a feline sexy hiss. Killua rolled his eyes and focused on the white sheet over his lap. "Killua's a trustworthy wife." Martin teased.

"Best wife," Ray replied with a tone full of satisfaction. It pisses Killua off, but he got used to ignoring all the teases he gets from Ray and all of his other buddies.