• CHAPTER 8 •

Linked Feelings •

{Luna's Struggle}

"Ugh." Gon rubbed his chest and glared at the tree before him. He couldn't focus on his task this early in the morning!

Sudden anger enveloped his heart. And it hurts like crazy. Why is his mate so fragile to emotions like this? It's crazy how mad his mate is at this hour of the morning.

"Your Luna again?" Alpin suddenly showed up. His blue eyes only showed concern, so Gon tried to smile. 

"I dunno why he's mad." Gon walked around and watched everyone doing their daily tasks; Alpin followed behind and listened intently despite all the noise that was going around. "I'm curious, but my Luna doesn't want to see me. You know? It has never happened before in our history." Gon laughed, but it was sad. "An alpha to be rejected by his Luna, what a shameful thing to be under."

"Alpha, your Luna didn't reject you. He's just overwhelmed by everything. It's kind of you to be patient. Honestly, you're a strong Alpha."

"Let's not sugarcoat it, Alpin. Luna dislikes me." Gon said and put his hands behind his back. His steps were steady as a soldier. If Alpin didn't know his Alpha well, he wouldn't notice how badly upset he was at this moment.

"Maybe because you scared him? His first impression of you wasn't that good?" Gon stopped walking, so Alpin almost bumped into him. 

"What do you mean my first impression ain't good? What the hell? Since when do we care about that? It's known that once a wolf finds his mate, he directly jumps into her, immediately marks her gland, and mates with her whenever and wherever, so the full marking is done!"

"Yes, Alpha. You're right."

"But, then!" Gon turned, raising his hands to exclaim sarcastically. "I only marked his gland. I didn't jump on him. I didn't please my aching body because he fainted!"

"You would've done that if he didn't faint?" 

"No! Yes! He was frightened! But it was supposed to be the first jitters because I'm an Alpha, right? He should've instantly calmed down after the bite! But he fainted!"

"Alpha—"

"Maybe I was too harsh?"

"No, it's because he was so frightened. His situation is different. Your Luna was born and raised as a human. You are doing well by being patient. Just continue showing up and he'll get used to you."

"I'm not sure if I can handle it." Gon inhaled and turned to continue walking. "Anyway, where is he?"

Alpin struggled to follow after he heard Gon's sudden question. Is it finally the time for confrontation? Gon's not mad enough to kill Ray in front of all the pack members, right?

This would cause a lot of hate towards their Luna even before meeting him. 

He suddenly stopped and faced him. "Beta, I asked you where he is." Gon glared at him. He hates it when he repeats his words, so no one ever dared do it before.

"My apologies, Alpha. I was thinking about where to find him. He's supposed to be gathering the wood nearby." Alpin looked down worriedly. He was a little worried about triggering the Alpha's eye that would smash him like a potato, but he was extremely worried about Ray, too. "Alpha, are you going to ban him from our pack?" 

"Why do you care?" Luckily, Gon didn't use those eyes. He's not mad enough to play with Alpin's heart. "Are you worried about that fucker?"

"Alpha, I'm worried about him, but I'm also worried about your Luna."