Chapter 15: Text.

♡George pov♡

I opened my front door and saw my mom on the couch.

Something is wrong.

I walked closer and saw she was foaming at the mouth.

"Oh shit." I mumbled.

I quickly pulled out my phone and dialed 911.

"Nine one one. What's your emergency?"

"I just got home, and there's something wrong with my mom. She's foaming at the mouth. I need help." I said, my eyes starting to water.

She's still breathing. I think.

"I've got police and an ambulance on the way. Did she take anything?" She asked.

"She's an addict." I replied.

"Okay hun. Just stay on the phone with me. They're on their way. Can you check her pulse for me?" She asked.

I walked over and grabbed my mom's wrist.

"It's really faint." I told her.

I noticed all the syringes and pills around the table. A couple of minutes later, I heard the sound of sirens. I sat on the floor next to my mom until there was knocking on the door. I quickly got up and ran to open it. Paramedics came in with a bunch of equipment. I stood aside watching them. Eventually, they got her onto a stretcher and took her out of the house.

"Is she gonna be okay?" I asked.

They ignored me. They loaded her up into the ambulance and drove away. Cops came in and took all the drug paraphernalia. They left without saying a word to me. They shut the front door. I leaned against the wall and slid down it.

What am I gonna do if she's not okay? They'll put me in the foster care system. I don't want to do that.

I pulled my legs to my chest.

I don't care enough to change out of my clothes.

I need my mom to be okay.

♡The next day♡

I didn't sleep at all. I sat in this exact spot all night, checking my phone for anything.

No new notifications. Nobody checked up on me. Nobody called. Nothing.

I miss receiving good morning texts from Clay. I only pushed him away because I thought he would think I'm disgusting. If I pushed him away, I wouldn't get hurt.

Clearly, that wasn't true.

I didn't want him to look at me or touch me. I didn't want him to be with me because he pitied me. So, I pushed him away. I regret it now. I made him so upset. I didn't realize that he genuinely liked me. I thought he was only doing it to gain something. I didn't want to be hurt again, but in the end, I ended up hurting us both.

I want to text him. I want him to hold me and tell me it's gonna be okay.

You don't deserve that after what you did to him. He was so upset and it was all your fault. You don't deserve his affection after what you did. You really are disgusting. You're a horrible person. What have you even done that's worth living for?

Nothing.

Exactly. Maybe it's time for your third attempt. Don't fail this time.

Mom's already in the hospital. I don't need to make things worse.

It wouldn't make things worse if you succeeded. I doubt anyone will find you for days, though. Nobody cares enough to check on you. I mean, your dad is dead. Your mom's in the hospital then probably going to rehab.