Chapter 13: Drunk.

♡Clay pov♡

I tried to avoid Sapnap and Karl after school. I just wanted to go home and cry. I got to my truck and unlocked it. I opened the driver's side door.

"Clay!"

Fuck. Fuck.

My eyes were already watering. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I immidiantly burst into tears. I hid my face in my hands.

"Holy shit. What happened, man?" Sap asked.

He turned me around and pulled me into a hug. I buried my face into his shoulder, letting myself cry.

"Clay, what happened?" I heard Karl ask.

Sapnap held me tighter. I eventually got myself composed. I pulled away from Sapnap. The tears hadn't stopped.

"George was flirting with this guy in English right in front of me. After everything we did. We confessed to each other and kissed a lot. We almost had sex too, but his mom called. I confronted him about it, and he told me the kissing was meaningless to him and that it was a mistake. Fuck, it hurt so much hearing that from him. His tone was so cold. I don't know what I did wrong." I explained.

They both didn't respond, probably not knowing how to.

"I-I think Jayden was right. I'm not good enough to be someone's boyfriend. I don't know why I thought it could work. I'm so fucking stupid for even trying. I shouldn't have told him my feelings. It's all my fault. Jayden was right about everything." I ranted.

"Hey, don't start with that shit Clay. He was a manipulative and abusive asshole. You know that. Jayden wasn't right about anything." Sap stated.

"You have to remember that George is dealing with a lot right now. He's probably confused about his feelings after that happened. I'm not trying to defend him because it was fucked up for him to say that. He's just dealing with a lot, yknow?" Karl asked.

I nodded.

"It just hurt a lot. Like I couldn't stop thinking about it all day." I said.

My hands were shaking, and my heart was racing because I was so upset.

"Fuck, I don't know what to do. I feel so lost." I mumbled.

Sapnaps eyes widened a bit.

"Okay, let's sit you down for a bit. Have you taken your meds today?" He asked.

I shook my head. My legs were shaking now, and my breathing felt off.

"Karl, can you run into the school and go get the nurse? He's having an anxiety attack, and he needs his meds." Sap said.

Karl began running across the parking lot.

His voice sounded distant. I began feeling hot.

"Can you hear me?' Sap asked.

"I-I think." I stuttered.

I felt my legs give out. Sapnap caught me and carefully lowered me onto the cement.

"I-I can't b-breathe." I stuttered, gasping for air.

"I know, Clay. Karl's getting the nurse. You're gonna be okay. I promise." He told me.

I don't feel like I'm gonna be okay.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw George walking to his car. Sapnap noticed, too.

"Hey, look at me. Everything's okay." He said.

He put his hands on my shoulders to keep me grounded. My lungs burned as I gasped for air. I leaned my head back against my truck and shut my eyes.