Chapter 1: Cry.

♡Clay pov♡

I sped down the road leading into the school parking lot, having to slam on my brakes to avoid running over a group of freshman girls. They giggled amongst themselves and waved at me. I kept driving. I pulled into the back of the parking lot where my friends and I parked. It's known as where the "hicks" and bad kids park.

"Clay!"

I rolled down my window to greet my best friend Sapnap. There was a boy in his passenger seat who I immidiantly recognized as Karl. It was always odd seeing the two hangouts so much, considering how quiet and shy Karl was. Sapnap was loud and very outgoing.

"Rev your shit!" Sap yelled.

I pressed down on my gas a couple of times, my truck roaring at the pressure on the engine. Sapnap revved his as well.

"I'm shutting mine off! I just put gas in this morning!" I yelled over the sound of other trucks revving.

He gave me a thumbs up. I shut off my truck. Suddenly, a car I've never seen before pulled into a spot ahead of us.

"Who's that!?" I yelled to Sap.

"New kid!" He replied.

The boy shut off his car and got out.

He's gonna get made fun of.

He was wearing a white crew neck with flared jeans. He was also wearing black Converse. He had dark, fluffy hair. I watched him close his car door and lock it before walking across the parking lot.

"I'm coming over to you!" Sap yelled.

He shut off his engine. Him and Karl got out and walked over to mine. Sap got in the passenger seat and Karl in the back.

"I'm worried already." I stated.

"Why?" Sap asked.

"Did you see his outfit? He's gonna get made fun of." I said.

"He's right. People make fun of my outfits, too." Karl spoke up.

Sap whipped his head around.

"Who was making fun of you?" He asked.

Karl looked down at his sketchbook and continued drawing.

"No comment." He mumbled.

Karl used to get bullied really badly. All of Freshman and Sophomore year there were "fight videos" going around when really, it was just Karl getting beat up. Most of the bullying stopped once Karl and Sapnap became friends. Nobody has laid a hand on him since the 3 of us became a trio.

"We should watch out for George. Like you guys did for me." Karl stated.

Karl's parents personally thanked Sapnap and I. They were very nice people.

"Yeah. We could." I told Karl.

"Maybe he could join our group. I can't be the only non- country person." He said.

I smiled.

Karl loved meeting new people. Absolutely adored it. He's the kind of person who would strike up conversation with someone at the gas pump, which he's done. Multiple times.

"We should go in. Class starts in fifteen." Sap said.

We got out of my truck, and I locked it. We walked across the parking lot, my boots clacking on the cement. Sapnaps were, too.

"You guys are so extra. I don't understand why you wear cowboy boots to school every day." Karl said.

"Because we're stylish." Sap replied.