94|| Gilbert's request

Back after a vacation! I'm still trying to get used to my writing routine. Not to mention I got stuck on what to focus this chapter on so it kept changing ideas.

Apologies in advance for the ending part.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter!

-= =-
(Today is Jay's time to shine. He wishes everyone here a happy new year)

The days of late May had gradually turned into the early days of June. The cold and damp weather had started to creep up to the residents of Thetowne and everyone braced themselves for the drop in temperatures. Everyone started to bundle themselves in scarves, beanies, earmuffs, hoodies and coats as Thetowne gifted its residents with cool winds and downpours.

Some of Zodiac Street's residents complained about the sudden drop in temperatures. Others were neutral about it. Only Sabrina was the only resident who appreciated the weather.

"It's not that bad," Sabrina told Alex one day as the two went out together to do errands, "the weather I mean. I find this weather pretty nice."

"That's because you are used to the weather." Alex said, "Didn't you live in Wallowsberg out of all places before?"

"I did," Sabrina confirmed with a nod. "But in Wallowsberg it unexpectedly rains a lot even on the hotter days. You would need to bring an umbrella everywhere you go, just in case it rains."

"It unexpectedly rains here too, you know." Alex held their palm out. A water droplet pattered onto their hand. "Speaking of which- rain's coming."

Sabrina felt a droplet land on her nose, "So it is." She slung the hood of her blue jacket over her head. "You know, I still have a lot to learn about this place. At least this weather is better than the summer heat where everything feels sticky."

Alex cringed and slung the hood of their red hoodie over their head. "Don't remind me of the summer heat."

Despite the change in the season and the drop in temperatures, the residents of Zodiac Street found the days amusing. The days of June were filled with pride as everyone felt comfort in the decorated streets filled with colours. Through the early days of June, everyone marvelled at the sight of pride decorations put up in the town. Gilbert commented that he hoped that the decorations remained on for years, which everyone else hoped for as well.

Everyone also spent the days of June preparing themselves for the cold and celebrating Giselle's birthday. Giselle celebrated her birthday as a dinner party in her house. Everyone bonded and connected over the food and drinks ordered from nearby restaurants.

The very next day Gilbert received a late present from Lily: a new short story framed with a golden frame. The story had read "Universes away. Gilberta. The End.". Levin had ended up finding the story near the bin and decided to hang it up in his room for protection. To this day, the framed story never left the room.

It is now yet another day of June and all the residents in Zodiac Street met up in House 8. Carol, Sabrina and Phoebe had ordered and received a trampoline and called for help. As their friends, the other residents decided to pitch in and help.

Well okay. That was mostly the truth. The author is a big disappointment and disappoints us again with another lie (:'C ).

Half of Zodiac Street; Alex, Tyler, Tahlia, Gilbert, Giselle, Lily, Vincent, Levin, Lizzy, Skyler, Cleo and Aika stayed in the backyard and tried to piece together a trampoline. Everyone else remained in the house.

"Alright Cleo, what's the next step?" Alex looked down at the set parts and tools neatly arranged before assembly.

Cleo, who was reading through the provided instructions, looked up from the image of the next step. "Alright, all the parts are set out, right?"