91|| The price of loyalty

Sabrina had never considered herself to be a professional planner. That was usually everyone else's job. She would usually stay back and observe how her friends unfolded their plans and brought them to light.

She never saw herself doing the same thing.

Sabrina sat crosslegged on her bed, her fingers scrolling on the touchpad. Next to her was her phone which buzzed with messages from the server. She never bothered to check.

She looked up from her laptop at her housemates who both decided to help. "How's it looking? Any updates?"

Carol, seated with her laptop at Sabrina's desk, lowered her phone from her ear. "Still finding the perfect cakes for Gilbert and Giselle. Arlen's helping me find them."

"I got some updates for booking a bowling party!" Phoebe, cross-legged on the floor, piped up. "I checked through teen parties and adult parties. The prices are up there if we're going as a large group."

"Oh..." Sabrina slumped her shoulders.

"But there's light in the dark! Group parties!" Phoebe turned her phone around to show a poster advertising group bookings. "The prices are affordable for each player! And they stated that the minimum amount is twenty people but it can work with us!"

"And how much is it for each player?"

"Eighteen dollars."

"Eighteen... eighteen, eighteen..." Sabrina pulled up an online calculator on her laptop and multiplied the number by twenty-two. "That's three hundred and ninety-six in total. What about the younger ones?"

"Fourteen. And that's for ages up to seventeen."

"Alright, and we need two of that." Sabrina calculated on her phone. "That's... twenty-eight and if we add that to the total that's..." She calculated on her laptop. "Four hundred and twenty-four. Man."

Carol looked up from her laptop. "Is it a bad time to mention that we found the perfect cakes for the Geminis? It's a piñata cake."

"What the heck is that?"

"It's a cake that spills out chocolate or candy when you cut it open. The one we found costs seventy dollars."

"Isn't that lovely?" Sabrina said sarcastically. "Are there any other cakes?"

"You know we could try making our own piñata cake!" Carol spun around in Sabrina's desk chair. "Speaks from the heart. Plus it's cheaper! We can decorate it to our liking!" She looked over with a reassuring smile. "But we still have to worry about booking the lanes."

"Yeah..." Sabrina covered her face with her hands. "Why is planning so hard? You two never told me how expensive and frustrating it is!"

"Mainly cause you never showed interest when we plan out things." Phoebe scrolled on her phone.

"Still." Sabrina closed her laptop and placed the device on her bedside table. She flopped backwards on her mattress, arms out. "I thought this was supposed to be easy! How on earth does anyone do it?"

"You could ask the others!" Carol ended her call with Arlen. "The Earth signs in particular plan a lot of stuff, you could ask them?"

"By Earth signs you mean the Virgos."

"Yeah. I'm sure they would be happy to give advice! You should ask them." Carol offered. Sabrina groaned loudly. "Or you can mope around. Whatever choice you make. Up to you."

Sabrina picked up her phone and turned it on. Her phone displayed a lock screen image of Gilbert blowing bubbles. "I'll ask the Virgos." She unlocked her phone.